t5 lighting brand suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azmodan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm researching possible t5 lighting solutions for my 20g high and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. Anyone here use Oddysea, Catalina, or Aquatic Life? Any other brands?

Some possibilities so far:
Catalina Aquarium 1 x 24 Watt Planted Aquarium Light
AquaticLife T5 HO Light Link Fixture - Marine

I'm mainly just planning on common and hardy type plants (just a decent amount of them) so I'm not sure if I even need that much light (particularly with the Aquatic Life fixture). Thanks in advance!

I have a Catalina, very happy. They can basically custom make the light to your needs. I have two separate switches and cords. The one I have has flip top legs so I can move the fixture out of the way for water changes.

Skip the marine lights as they will more than likely come with acintic lighting and you'd have to get another bulb anyway. Just my thoughts.

Skip the marine lights as they will more than likely come with acintic lighting and you'd have to get another bulb anyway. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the tip. Any particular suggestions when it comes to what type of light to use then?

I'd just go with the 2 bulb oddysea fixture if you want to be as economical as possible. Even it actually might be a little much if you don't run co2.

Get bulbs in 6500k or 10000k.

Back
Top Bottom