Tahitian Moon Sand???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh okay. Well I couldn't find tahitian anywhere;/ but I'll see how this regular black sand looks.

I have seen Tahitian Moon sand offered in a wet package something like Eco Complete, with added bacteria etc. If that is what you meant by live sand, then yes, I have seen it, but not in the past few months, at least, not in my local store. I don't know if they still make it that way, but Carib Sea I am sure would tell you if they do or not.

Edit: And I've tried layering one colour over another, my first tank. It is all one colour now, a mix of the two. Every time it was cleaned, rescaped, replanted, it mixed more. And one of the two was slightly different particle size than the other, which meant the smaller size particles just sifted down between the larger ones over time.

They sell the live sand wet bag Tahitian moon sand on pet solutions. That's where I got mine

I have to agree with Brian. Eco Complete is a much better substrate option than sand. I've used both. Eco Complete allows the substrate to hold nutrients for plants to utilize. It is superior to sand.

Put me camped out with Brian and Keating on this. Eco or any of the planted purpose substrates grow plants better than sand. Not to say sand can't be used. Difference between driving a Yugo compared to a Ferrari IMO. OS.

Back
Top Bottom