Take a guess.....I'm NEW! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badger

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, here I am, a n00b. I've had aquariums all around me most of my life, mostly freshwater, one big saltwater. Haven't had any tanks for a few years (we moved) so this year I decided to set one up for myself, and jumpstarted my whole family into getting tanks again (we now have 7-9 tanks). I'm a 17 year old homeschooled student taking college courses and drum lessons. I play drums, guitar, bass, keyboard... Also had a job in a software company before I left to hit school harder. I have a 9 year old brother, and my dad, mom, brother and I live in Puyallup, WA.
I currently have a 36 gallon corner bowfront aquarium with my prized Electric Blue lobster, 5 neon tetras, a few ghost shrimp, two plecos (YAY), a breeding pair of swordtails, breeding pair of fancy guppies, a borino sucker (confirmation that there IS such a thing? I bought it from my LFS, the Wild Side.), a few zebra danios, 3 paradise blue gourami males, and some baby guppies in a breeding tank. Any suggestions on "your tank would look awesome with a ___" are welcome, I have a few java sword things, an amazon sword, and a couple of those tall ones with big leaves at the top. My filtration system is a Cascade 600 internal filter which I love. So...yep! That's just me. :)

Attachments

• cimg0656__large__138.jpg
    cimg0656__large__138.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 70
Welcome to AA, your sure to get some great tips here.

That's a lot of fish for a tank that size, especially if they're breeding pairs.
Hope your doing good water changes.

the plants and gravel look fantastic, always loved the dark gravel.

Any chance of a pic of the lobster? How does he get along with the other fish?

Welcome and AWESOME! I am homeschooled to! its neat to meat another homschooled fish guy! :D your tank looks awesome BTW! what light is that? im looking forward to talking to you!

Thanks for the welcomes!
I didn't think it was a lot of fish for my tank, maybe I have bad perception, the breeding pairs don't have babies IN that tank, that's why I have the breeding tank.
The pic of the lobster is on my avatar + profile, I can post a bigger one if needed [edit: posted!], he doesn't eat any fish and I haven't noticed any fin pinching. he will eat a dead fish but I haven't had very many of those. any time I put in a cube of bloodworms or shrimp, once it sinks to the bottom he will eat it all.
My light is a double tube that came with the all-glass aquarium. They say at the LFS that the bulbs are the same as power-glo bulbs. I haven't tested that theory... anyone with info on what light tube I might have in there feel free to let me know. They only say "all-glass" on them, but are very bright and kinda blueish.

Attachments

• lobster_131.jpg
    lobster_131.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 41
Welcome to AA! That is a great pic of your lobster. You've been lucky with him and the other fish. Must have a pacifist.

Welcome to AA!... These guys have already helped me tremendously...
That lobster has to be one of the coolest creatures that I have seen... I want one

I hope you see yours more than I see mine. I have one in my reef tank and probably seen him 5 times in 6 yrs. Yours looks very nice

Awesome set up! I had a lobster just like that in a 130g community and he never bothered anyone. Great at cleaning up pellets and bloodworms though ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom