Taking care of cichlid babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peanut butter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 gallon tank with 1 cobalt blue cichlid, 2 electric yellow cichlid, 2 coryies, 1 Pleco then 1 day I noticed a small yellow cichlid in the tank so i left him there the cobalt cichlid would always chase him so I put the little yellow cichlid in a 5 gallon tank with the mom and then I noticed there was another baby in the 30 gallon tank it was really small and clear so this one had to have hatched recently so my question is how do I properly care for the babies? Is it possible the mother still has fry in her mouth or should i put her back in the 30 gallon tank? Will the mom try to eat the fry? ( she hasn't tried 2 yet )

I have a fry tank with the mother still in it. They are about 2 mo. old and she hasent messed with them yet.

She might have spit them out and they got eaten by you're other fish or maybe she never laid that many eggs. She might try to eat them when she is ready to breed again so it's beat after she spits them out to only have her in there a short time and then place her back in the Main tank.

I am no professional at breeding yet lol I have 13 baby demasoni and 1 of my peacock moms is holding so I hope I get some fry there as well. I can tell you that there mouths seem full and that they don't eat when they are holding

Back
Top Bottom