Taking the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used kick rich on a reef tank with all kinds of invertebrates and it worked awesome!

Good luck on the ICH problem! That s*** sucks!!!! such an inconvenience to the tank!

Getting 20 pounds of dry rock on monday to add to my scape. Clowns are doing well, i have them in a ten gal medicating for the ich.

Put a black background on the tank. I got 30 mored pounds of dry rock but havent added it yet.

Attachments

• image-1783438957.jpg
    image-1783438957.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 211
I like the background, covers up all the necessary things in the back. :) post pics when you add the rock!!

Wierd thing happening. Sometimes at night when the lights are off i hear a clicking sound. Its kind of like something is tapping on something in the tank. I used a flashlight and looked to see if i could see anything in there, everything was normal. What could it be making this sound. It doesnt always happen, ive only heard it a handfull of times. Sometimes it is pretty loud (makes my dog bark at the tank) , and sometimes not very loud at all.

Cichlid-dude said:
Wierd thing happening. Sometimes at night when the lights are off i hear a clicking sound. Its kind of like something is tapping on something in the tank. I used a flashlight and looked to see if i could see anything in there, everything was normal. What could it be making this sound. It doesnt always happen, ive only heard it a handfull of times. Sometimes it is pretty loud (makes my dog bark at the tank) , and sometimes not very loud at all.

Sounds like you got a pistol shrimp in your tank. Lucky you!

Khij159753 said:
Could also be a mantis shrimp. That'd be unlucky

Ya that wouldn't be good lol.. well its one or the other. If your inverts start to go missing then you've got your self a mantis shrimp lol

Well depending on the mantis shrimp it could be worth $100+ but also gonna grow into a monster lol

I was also thinkin mantis shrimp as well, havent had anything missing yet. Im assuming if it was a mantis the sound would be him cracking a shell of a snail or crab right? If thats the case there are no missing inverts.

My pistol makes different levels of snapping noises, so it could very well be a pistol. I've read that the varying levels of loudness are because sometimes they're just using the "gun" to loosen shells and such in the sand so that they can use them to build their walls. Look closely along the bottom edges of your rocks, if there are any slight openings, I'm thinking pistol. Also, if you see any openings, place some shell fragments near the openings. Pistols use them to reinforce their walls, so it might get him to come out and grab some of them and give you a view of him. Good luck!!! :)

Funny, my tank does the same thing, drives my girlfriend crazy. We've been wondering, but can never find anything. All The fish in the tank are predators, so I doubt it's any type of invert. Any ideas? With the thought that it couldn't be any type of invert? Maybe equipment. It's just a loud snapping cracking sound.

Back
Top Bottom