Tang police

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

egrape

Aquarium Advice Activist
found myself at [store] picking up some food for my bird, came across this gem. tank can't be larger then a ten gallon, had five fish in there as well. like I understand how retail works and that often it's just not economical to provide the ideal environment for fish but I usually see them in at least in a 29 gallon with a lot of flow. it was pretty sad...

someone call the tang police!

Attachments

• image-4284482186.jpg
    image-4284482186.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by a moderator:
It really is. My LFS has a full grown arrowana in what looks to be no more than a 60 gallon right now. I just think its ironic when I hear them bashing people for tank sizes when there no better.

the chain lfs near me has a sailfin tang twice that size in a tank half that size!!! it can barely swim and its covered in ich

Tell them you won't shop there until they correct the problems. They will either listen, or go without sales. I owned LFS's and a good businessman listens to customers. Bad ones go out of business. Make sure they know you are a reef customer, we buy 5 times the amount of stuff the average fish tank owner does.

Tell them you won't shop there until they correct the problems. They will either listen, or go without sales. I owned LFS's and a good businessman listens to customers. Bad ones go out of business.

ive tried talking to the only lady there who is certified and she actually knows about fish, but she says people buy them too fast for them to empty the tanks to get rid of the ich. it makes me sad seeing their saltwater section. last month they had a clown trigger in a tiny little tank, it was so covered in ich that you could barely see its colors and they had it on sale for 100$ off. i only go there when im low on food and dont have time to drive 45 mins away to the better stores

Reminder, this forum does not allow store bashing. Please keep store names out of your complaint threads. Thank you to those of you who have done this in your posts.

There is an lfs that sells mainly saltwater fisn near my house and they are great. Each tank is at least 50 gallons. For the smaller or more territorial fish however,they are housed in smaller tanks but all the fish are healthy.

We have puppy mills here, so there are all kinds in the pet trade. But I was asked once if I go all "tang police" when in a LFS that's sub-par. You bet I do. If you embarrass easily, I'm not your shopping buddy. It comes from having been in the business and not liking those that take short cuts that hurt the merchandise.

If your keeping the fish for just a few weeks, then that's not too bad. They unfortunately get pretty cramped up during collection, shipping and holding, so giving them a break is a good idea and will result in you buying a less stressed fish.

Reminder, this forum does not allow store bashing. Please keep store names out of your complaint threads. Thank you to those of you who have done this in your posts.

Why not? So we can buy ick??? They derisive every bit of bashing like they are doing to use and life in general!!!????

It is in the site rules:

Community Rules said:
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Members may post only factual, first hand experiences regarding retailers and vendors. Posts containing opinion, second hand information or content deemed to be intentionally defamatory will be removed. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.

Buying a healthy fish is up to you, and bashing a store on a forum will not help anything.

You can, i believe, complain about a store, just don't single it out or name it in any way. There should be a rating system somewhere for fish stores so you can share feedback.

yikes sorry everyone I didn't know this thread would be controversial :) I agree, we need some cohesive way of rating and sharing our Experiences with these fish stores. it can be so hard to weed through tons of different opinions.

Back
Top Bottom