Tank and how many fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
General rule of thumb in a tank with a good filter and good water parameters 1 inch of fish per gallon, Note remember to get online and find the rough adult size of the fish you wish to purchase before purchasing

General rule of thumb in a tank with a good filter and good water parameters 1 inch of fish per gallon, Note remember to get online and find the rough adult size of the fish you wish to purchase before purchasing
That's the general rule I go by with most tropical fish. And big cichlids i usually figure 35g per fish

I currently have 11 with 4 fry, so that's 15. I could only afford a 20 gallon at the moment, upgraded from a ten. I guess I could get the 10 going soon but I need a stand for that. I need to find a decent one before I get it going, the one I bought from Petco looks too flimsy even for a ten gallon and I'm afraid to put it on (I currently use it to stock my fish supplies.) I just want a healthy school of fish, freshwater for the time being, to sit back and enjoy.

Yes!! But the platys are just 2, male and female.

Some of those Molly's get kinda big don't they?

So far the biggest is about 1,5 inches long. They get fat though lol! I was surprised to see the dalmation mollys get long and I have two! I saw them at another pet store I went to and they were as long as an index finger!!

I would like to add more fish, besides the platy. I love guppies but swore them off because they die quickly. I wonder which others I can add...

Hello,

You can use this website to see what you can fit in the tank:
https://aqadvisor.com/

When I was stocking my tank, it helped a ton with what to get. Just input your type of filter and tank size first.

Interesting. Apparently, I'm overstocked! Not to mention my pregnant molly and who knows how many fry will be born/live. I was thinking one or two more tiny fish I saw at the store, I don't recall the name.

I was looking up past posts and read one poster had a 20 gallon tank with 30 mollys! She posted why they were just laying on the floor. And no one had addressed the fact that she overstocked the tank!

Back
Top Bottom