Tank Cycling...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsk14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well a few days on from my last thread, I have been doing 40% daily water changes and have managed to get the ammonia 'down' to 0.25pmm.
This is now week 7 and still 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate.
Should I just continue as I am and wait for the nitrite to appear?

I would have thought your cycle would have started by now. Are you using a water conditioner to get rid of chlorine and chloramines i think they kill your good bacteria. If i were you id try and get some water or gravel from an established tank to kick start your cycle.

Be aware im. No expert but if somebody might confirm what ive said or explain otherwise

Thanks

Well a few days on from my last thread, I have been doing 40% daily water changes and have managed to get the ammonia 'down' to 0.25pmm.

I'm assuming you have fish if you are doing water changes? What tank size and what fish?

tomsk14 said:

7 weeks is a long time. I just mentioned it in another thread but you can give Tetra SafeStart or Dr Tim's Aquatics One and Only a shot. Tetra SS helped me in getting my cycle to complete when it stalled and did nothing for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom