Tank is now here. Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So you have all the filtration running? Can we get some pics lol :)

Also when you touch on the filtration if you don't mind adding how are you moving this much water a few mp60s?

Sorry for all the questions but this is amazing :)

Beengirl said:
I'm so jealous!! That would be so fantastic to have!! My husband won't even let me get a 120g!!

Put him in Check!!! Lol you can use "if you love me you'll let me" to get it haha.

Also when you touch on the filtration if you don't mind adding how are you moving this much water a few mp60s?

Sorry for all the questions but this is amazing :)

This is a list of what is set up and currently running. Below that is a list of what is going to be added on friday.

Two Little Giant 4-MDQX-SC Aquarium Pump . We are estimating with the head power in relation to distance that they are turning about 1600 gallons per hour a peice. Total 3200 gallons per hour.

(I have a third also but it will not be installed until I start adding the fish and they grow a little larger.

800lbs of fiji pink live sand.

Two Coralife 300G Cone Protein Skimmer

(I have a third also but it wil not be installed until I start adding the fish and they grow a little larger)

two 400w titanium heaters

4 hot5 light fixtures

Light Timer

2 very small led night lights. Not sure what brand.

Friday they will be adding
I believe an mp60 vor tech pump to create a little more current in the water as well.

Pics of the system

Attachments

• image-3746724693.jpg
    image-3746724693.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 252
  • image-2094929594.jpg
    image-2094929594.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 260
  • image-4024459198.jpg
    image-4024459198.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 249
  • image-3004911374.jpg
    image-3004911374.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 270
So far so good. They installed the RO machine today. Should be ready for sharks in a few weeks. The water tested perfect and it is crystal clear.

I have the water cycling for about two weeks now. The guys added all the chemicals and salt and it has just been running since then. It has been running through the standard filtration.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not being a critic, but don't sharks prefer/require a rounded off tank due to swimming patterns? I hear that their fins will actually wear down unnaturally due to swimming and bumping into the corners...

Yes they do prefer it. In big enough tanks its much less of an issue. Just make sure your sharks don't get too big.

Yes primarily with requiem sharks. The sharks I will be purchasing are less active and smaller. I am sure the round is preferred regardless but I could not find one with this large of a foot print.

Back
Top Bottom