Tank mates for a dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I do want to get a dwarf puffer for my 10. I have probably a week before I go to get the little guy. I am thinking of a few different options, but I am worried about compatability with either A) another puffer or two, B) otos or C) platies.

I would like to get two dwarf puffers, but I don't want them to tear each other up. This may sound cheesy but I don't want the little guy to be lonely either! I am planning on getting two otos as well and I am nervous of if the puffer would attack them.

If I do get one puffer, I was thinking of maybe getting a few platies since I have read that puffers get along with mollies and platies are pretty close to that.

How to care for your New Indian Dwarf Puffer, Carinotetraodon travancoricus, with pictures

This site claims they can get along with gobies and flounders as well, but I think 10g is too small for those. Any thoughts?

For being cute, slow, and pudgy, puffers have a nasty mean streak. I'd be hesitant to put them in with platies. You might get away with a couple otos, but I really think I'd try a group of three puffers if the tank is well decorated.

Back
Top Bottom