Tank over stocked ..?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollykid

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10.39 gallon tank with
1-sword fish
1-platy
3 - guppies
3- zebra danio
4 - unknown fry ( Mabye Molly and guppy hybrid)
1- Molly fry
So is this over stocked I Have another tank which is almost done cycling

This sounds fine to me. Once those fry grow up that will be the perfect amount of fish. Maybe some room for cory's.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Like they said ^^^ Its great that you are having another tank, just so it won't be so crowded :)

I have a 10.39 gallon tank with
1-sword fish
1-platy
3 - guppies
3- zebra danio
4 - unknown fry ( Mabye Molly and guppy hybrid)
1- Molly fry
So is this over stocked I Have another tank which is almost done cycling

The Swordfish (guessing you meant to say sword tail lol) and Molly can reach sizes of over 4"! So they're not really fit for a 10 gallon but other than those two guys sounds pretty nice!

Sent from my iWishiHadaPhone using Aquarium Advice

The Swordfish (guessing you meant to say sword tail lol) and Molly can reach sizes of over 4"! So they're not really fit for a 10 gallon but other than those two guys sounds pretty nice!

4 inches?????? Im in the uk and I have never seen a Molly or a swordtail that big. I know the Molly with the large fins can get bigger then a normal Molly but not 4 inches. Jesus I'm glad I don't have Molly's that size, imagine the amount of fry they would pop out!!! Lol

Lol in North America they get about that size if well taken care of

Mine are beautifully taken care of. Fed perfect food, have the perfect tank but still not 4 inches. Would be cool to see a monster molly lol

Mine are beautifully taken care of. Fed perfect food, have the perfect tank but still not 4 inches. Would be cool to see a monster molly lol

Yeah it sorta depends on the specie but I have seen with me own eyes a 4" Molly. But apparently it's a rare occurrence lol.

Back
Top Bottom