Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well because they like to move a lot. I've had 9 neons in a 10 before with no problems at all. 5 is very doable

Well because they like to move a lot. I've had 9 neons in a 10 before with no problems at all. 5 is very doable

Well I would want the fish to be comfortable, I'm not trying to overstock it. I want them to have room to swim, what other kind of fish would you recommend? & sorry, I know I've asked you this question before.

Hahaha everyone here says 2 or 3 will be fine in a 5 gallon.... So I'm guessing 4 to 6 in a 10 with some shrimps

Ah I like both of those fish. 4-5 of either one sounds reasonable. I'm not sure which one I'll get, I suppose the easiest to find lol.

Well my LFS is pretty cool, the lady knows her stuff. She has some rare fish sometimes so I'm sure she'll know what I'm talking about & can find some more me. She's also the one I'd sell these fry too.

Speaking of them, I lost a bunch of them :/. Another mistake on my part. I guess they were swimming by the filter & were getting sucked up into it :/. I have a sponge over it, but I think it slipped down so it wasn't covering it all the way at the top! I was so furious at myself when I discovered it. I'm so bad at trying to keep these fry alive. I'm thinking of getting rid of the sharks in my tank, that way they can't eat up all the fry & they'll be able to stay with their parents a lot longer.

Oh man that's bad news but it happens. Use panty hose under the sponge for extra help and zip tie them to the intake pipe

Oh man that's bad news but it happens. Use panty hose under the sponge for extra help and zip tie them to the intake pipe

I'll definitely have to do that, this is like the 5th time I've moved them over, & then had a massive die off. It's frustrating when you care about every little life, knowing your responsible for their life & their death. It can be very heart breaking.

I'll definitely have to do that, this is like the 5th time I've moved them over, & then had a massive die off. It's frustrating when you care about every little life, knowing your responsible for their life & their death. It can be very heart breaking.

Yeah it is, but just learn from your mistakes. They get picked off in the wild as well

Yeah it is, but just learn from your mistakes. They get picked off in the wild as well

But in the wild they are eaten, benefiting whatever ate it. Here they just died pointlessly, no bueno. But I get your point, I thought I learned from my mistakes after 4 times. I guess I'll add this to the list of "things that can & will go wrong" lol.

Yeah them filters are a big one. Sponge filters work great for fry tanks. You should take a look at some. Nothing bad can happen there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom