Tank stocking- 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenLouise

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd like everyone's honest opinion; but be nice please. Is stocking a 40b with 5 fancy goldfish overkill? I do 2-3 weekly water changes now and I have two AC HOB filters on the tank (a 70 and a 50). I am pretty OCD when it comes to the maintenance of my tank.

Again, I'd like honest opinions... While keeping it tactful and nice.

Oh... I currently have 4 fancys now... My ammonia is 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 10 ppm.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It would be easier to say if I could see a picture. All depends on how big the fish are. Do you plan on getting a bigger tank in the future? Do you know what type of fancy specifically?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It would be easier to say if I could see a picture. All depends on how big the fish are. Do you plan on getting a bigger tank in the future? Do you know what type of fancy specifically?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do plan on getting a larger tank in the future. I'd get one more Oranda if possible. Below is a picture of the tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445436576.378599.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honest opinion, I think 4 is overkill.

You have to look at the big picture of when these fish become adults. Goldfish get quite large. On top of that, they have large bioloads.

General rule with goldfish is initial 30g for one then add 10g for each additional goldfish.

Caleb

Yep... Good choice...

Some get like a foot long... So i would get a 75 and then you could do 5 with some big filters, i think.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom