Tank upgrade!! 8-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok... Would filter floss be good or should I just get a couple sponges or something else?

Now when I move my live rock over, and then my fish (not a very large bioload of fish), can I expect a small ammonia spike?

You should not see a spike at all, unless you have your rock out of the water all day. if you get it in the tank in a reasonable amount of time, very little on the rock should die.

You should not see a spike at all, unless you have your rock out of the water all day. if you get it in the tank in a reasonable amount of time, very little on the rock should die.

Yea pretty much moving it about 12 feet... I had always just wondered how much nitrifying bacteria was in the sand, because I am using all new sand, and didn't know if I would have less BB until the sand became live...

So check this out... I'm putting up a cloudy pic because you can see what I'm talking about. My tank has a center brace on the top of the tank, something I wasn't expecting on a 40 breeder...

image-3974115595.jpg

As you can see, it's casting a slight shadow in the tank in the middle... Will this be an issue? Can/should I cut the center part of the brace out? Or will this help with acclimating corals, as it will provide a somewhat less bright area?

I feel that as soon as the rock is in there, I'll barely be able to tell, but just asking because I noticed it...

if it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't pose a problem. BTW, that's the first 40B I have seen with a center brace. I wonder if they are making them thinner now....

if it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't pose a problem. BTW, that's the first 40B I have seen with a center brace. I wonder if they are making them thinner now....

Nah doesn't bother me, like I said im sure I won't even notice when the rock is stacked... It's a Deep Blue tank btw, if that makes a difference... The silicone is black too, looks kinda cool.

Can I put my heater in the return section of my BH2000? Or should I just put it in my tank...? Only concerns are close proximity to the thin acrylic of the skimmer...

I would put it in the tank. What if the skimmer fails? Not only will you have no skimmer, you will also have no heat in the water.

I would put it in the tank. What if the skimmer fails? Not only will you have no skimmer, you will also have no heat in the water.

Yea kinda re-thought that after I posted... Thanks

image-222766226.jpg

The reef octo cranking it out...

Waiting for the cloudiness to settle.

Already very pleased with this tank :cool:

Attachments

• image-1678477485.jpg
    image-1678477485.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 59
All the fish are in, including the anemone... Seemingly happy. The clowns are already starting to feel at home with the nem. Question: what intensity should I have this TaoTronic light at to keep my BTA happy? It's currently about halfway up in the tank. Thanks...!

Well, what sort of light was it coming from? I would start at about 100% blue for now, and ramp up the white over a period of weeks. Like 1 increment a week.

Well, what sort of light was it coming from? I would start at about 100% blue for now, and ramp up the white over a period of weeks. Like 1 increment a week.

It came from a 4 bulb, 216 watt T5 with 2 actinics and 2 10k whites... WavePoint.

I would still start it like I said. 100% blue and zero white and work up. Use your best judgement, but remember that these units penetrate better than T5 or halide and the brightness, or lack of, is deceiving.

If I'm using all live rock from my other tank, when can I start to add coral?

Back
Top Bottom