Tank volume US GALLONS OR IMPERIAL GALLONS WHAT DO I GO BY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have what i thought was a 42 gallon tank but if i convert into imperial gallons only 35 gallon tank so with 3 fancy goldfish am i overstocked or is the american gallon system the one we use?

Gallon Conversion

I have what i thought was a 42 gallon tank but if i convert into imperial gallons only 35 gallon tank so with 3 fancy goldfish am i overstocked or is the american gallon system the one we use?

Hello em...

The gallon conversion is unimportant. All you need to do is remove and replace half the water in the tank every week. This will remove the dissolved nitrogen from the fish wastes well before there's a build up that can do harm to the fish.

Three medium or so fish in 42 gallons is fine. Just keep their food to a minimum. A small feeding every couple of days will sustain them. They'll forage for a leftover and help keep the tank water cleaner.

B

So youre telling him to not worry about overstocking his tank and to feed a fish that needs to be fed multiple times per day once every couple days? Sorry, but no. That borders on petco quality advice.

US gallons are pretty much what everyone uses here.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, the aquarium world uses either US Gallons or Liters.

Just try to forget about anything else to avoid confusion.

In other words, you have a 42G, not a 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom