Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
17, Elise, from Massachusetts. 29 gallon rainbowfish/ram planted tank, a planted bowl of RCS and a ten gallon nano saltwater that I am taking to college with me next year!

I am also lucky enough to work at my lfs!

I'm Alex, 14. I have a 5 and a 10 gallon both for shrimp breeding, a 29 gallon community, and a 55 gallon tank that I JUST started up. I also have 3 emersed plant tubs.

17, Elise, from Massachusetts. 29 gallon rainbowfish/ram planted tank, a planted bowl of RCS and a ten gallon nano saltwater that I am taking to college with me next year!

I am also lucky enough to work at my lfs!

Hey Alex and Elise! Sounds like you got some cool tanks! Elise that's awesome that you are working there! I'm excited to work at mine when I'm 16!

Wow, I'm happy to see so many teens with awesome tanks. Glad I'm not the only one suffering from mulit- tank syndromed

Hey Alex and Elise! Sounds like you got some cool tanks! Elise that's awesome that you are working there! I'm excited to work at mine when I'm 16!

You actually work at the lfs? Man, you are so lucky. I'm to stuck to school to have time to work yet. Lol

I love it. I could not be happier there. I have learned so much and all the fish customers are so cool :) you will be very happy. disclaimer though, it's a huge amount of work for minimum wage so just be prepared to earn your paycheck. all in all very rewarding though.

I love it. I could not be happier there. I have learned so much and all the fish customers are so cool :) you will be very happy. disclaimer though, it's a huge amount of work for minimum wage so just be prepared to earn your paycheck. all in all very rewarding though.

Haha I gotcha. Thanks for the info! But its cool to get paid doing your hobby, so I'm sure I will love it too! As a customer, I love the fish store, so hopefully it'll stay that way as an employee!

What kinda fish are you breeding Max?

Well I began I with ya know platies and guppies, what everybody starts out with haha. Right now I'm breeding a bunch of panda cories, endlers, kribs, and my angelfish have spawned a few times but they always end up eating the fry once they hit the wriggler phase. I'm not too worried about them though so it's all good.

I'm Sam but I'm just over the limit. I just recently turned 19 and I'm from Tennessee

My name is David and I am another Canadian. Alberta to be exact. I currently have a 15 gallon community but am currently saving up for a 55!
It's good to meet everyone!

Back
Top Bottom