Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol keeping a tank looking nice is alot of hardwork! That's why now I lean more toward DW and stones than plants. Nothing ever goes wrong and it still looks good. 40Bs always ook good, what're your plans for it?

Yeah, plants can be hard but I like the way they look over fake ones. Plus when they're happy they grow which leads to clippings which leads to selling those which leads to more fish!!! I was thinking either saving up for a reef tank or trying my hand at Africans or a nice Asian Biotope with maybe some wild bettas:). I honestly don't know yet. But I'm hoping.

Yeah, plants can be hard but I like the way they look over fake ones. Plus when they're happy they grow which leads to clippings which leads to selling those which leads to more fish!!! I was thinking either saving up for a reef tank or trying my hand at Africans or a nice Asian Biotope with maybe some wild bettas:). I honestly don't know yet. But I'm hoping.

SW Is fun, but be prepared for your wallet to suffer, it's worth it though. I have a 25 SW and I'm in over 250 with fish or coral yet. Lights are the big thing

So, I was wondering since a lot of you have a lot of tanks: are your parents supportive of your fish keeping hobby?

Ah, my dad used 2 have a fish tank and he would take everything out 2 clean it. (Yikes) Mom is not a fan, but ad long as they stay in my room, then no prob

SW Is fun, but be prepared for your wallet to suffer, it's worth it though. I have a 25 SW and I'm in over 250 with fish or coral yet. Lights are the big thing
Yeah, I have a 10g, but the lights aren't good at all. I am still getting it all around though. All I have in it is 8.5lbs of rock and some RO/DI water and some salt. I still need to get sand:oops:
I got the two tinfoil barbs. They are about 9" and a catfish of some kind. Ill upload pics
Awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Yeah, I have a 10g, but the lights aren't good at all. I am still getting it all around though. All I have in it is 8.5lbs of rock and some RO/DI water and some salt. I still need to get sand:oops:

Awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures!

You could do bare bottom if you wanted and your supposed to add sand last, so no big. eBay is great for lights

So, I was wondering since a lot of you have a lot of tanks: are your parents supportive of your fish keeping hobby?

My parents are pretty supportive, except they definitely restrict my number of tanks! But yeah they are pretty cool about it and really want me to start a business out of it.

My parents are pretty supportive, except they definitely restrict my number of tanks! But yeah they are pretty cool about it and really want me to start a business out of it.

Awesome, you should go and start a new chain store and put pets mart out of the pet industry

My parents are supportive but sometimes I don't have the money to buy everything. And they help out with water changes, etc. I do some work as well.

So what are you all going to do when you go to college? That is the main reason why my parents don't like me having too many tanks. Plus the main college I'm looking at has a 5g policy.

So what are you all going to do when you go to college? That is the main reason why my parents don't like me having too many tanks. Plus the main college I'm looking at has a 5g policy.

Just don`t go to collage problem solved lol jk collage is a good thing

Back
Top Bottom