Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys... Relax.

Also, I'm breeding plecos. I'm looking forward to starting my own store in the near future with the experience I've had so far working at an lfs.

Bud, seeing you have alot of knowledge about this, I'd like to talk with you more about this subject when the time comes. And Oscar, I'm sure there'd be some room for breeding festae. Maybe even jags :)

I already have a few thousand saved up, so this is the career I'm looking forward to. I'm going to need alot more than that but you get what I mean...

Year and a half. The jd when he was 1" the o when he was 1.5" the o was 10" and the jd was 5"

Wow nice I currently have 1 dempsey with a oscar and a Texas and also a blood parrot, they are all babys still I've only had those for 3 months but man those south Americans have personality like no other, And are a breeze compared to my Africans

Wow, Surfer and Bud29 you have ambitious dreams! Here I am wanting to get into the DoS or the EPA (if I'm lucky into an embassy somewhere):). I'd like to do more breeding but my parents aren't too happy about the tanks that I do have... I am really excited about my RCS and Least Killies breeding (ha-and they're some of the easiest to breed!). I am thinking about making my 55 into a kind of breeding tank, but I'm not too sure. I would really love to breed some angels (perhaps I can sneak them in when my parents are looking not like I've done that before or anything :whistle:).

Surfer- What plecos do you breed?

This is random, but who all breeds fish on here?

Meee :)

Well, not yet. I need to get some racks built for my fish room first. And I probably need to buy an RO unit if my tap water still tests at 80 PPM Nitrates...

But I planning on starting with Butterfly Splitfins, then setting up another tank after that. My parents think it's too much work :| These are the species I want to breed, not sure if I will end up doing all of them though.
Desert Goby
Freshwater Bumble Bee Goby (I have a soft spot for gobies)
Least Killi Fish
Normans Lampeye Kili
Pitbull Plecos
Burmese Rosy Loaches
Assorted Nano Tetras and Rasboras if I can spawn them
Dwarf Puffers
a few types of cories possibly
a few types of apistos
Pygmy Sunfish
Indostomus crocodilus
That's what I have for now :lol:

I know it sounds like A LOT, but most I plan on keeping 2 species per tank if possible to maximize room, and minimize work.

Bud, seeing you have alot of knowledge about this, I'd like to talk with you more about this subject when the time comes.

Sounds good!

I already have a few thousand saved up, so this is the career I'm looking forward to. I'm going to need alot more than that but you get what I mean...

Awesome! I really need to get a job, right now I'm funding all this through ebay :lol: Sadly, there aren't too many people willing to hire a 14 year old, even though it is legal age. Everywhere is 16+......

I'm hoping to open up at least an online store, probably not as a career though. It would be so awesome if it could be a career for me, but it's just hard. You really have to set up a brick and mortar storefront to make a living on it, and with those there is sooooooo much overhang. My plan is to have a different job and have the online fish business be on the side.

Sounds good!

Awesome! I really need to get a job, right now I'm funding all this through ebay :lol: Sadly, there aren't too many people willing to hire a 14 year old, even though it is legal age. Everywhere is 16+......

I'm hoping to open up at least an online store, probably not as a career though. It would be so awesome if it could be a career for me, but it's just hard. You really have to set up a brick and mortar storefront to make a living on it, and with those there is sooooooo much overhang. My plan is to have a different job and have the online fish business be on the side.

I want to start an online store sometime too. I'm seriously thinking about it but I'm not sure if you need permits or licenses or anything.

Well I'm sure I can do a veterinary clinic/fish breeding thing in one building. I was an intern at a clinic and it's more work than running a fish store, but it's biiiggg money!

If anything ill start as a veterinarian and eventually do a partition for fish. We've got some land were not using.

Also I bred BN's, clowns, and soon phantoms. At my lfs I'm working on breeding Peru zebras for the raise, so that's something else.

I want to start an online store sometime too. I'm seriously thinking about it but I'm not sure if you need permits or licenses or anything.

I believe you do need the business permits, etc. once you start up your own website. I believe if you just sell on ebay, forums, etc. you can get away without them. You wouldn't have to apply for an LLC right away, but usually you can get them from sites WITH an EIN, which is helpful because with that EIN you can buy from wholesalers. If you can supply plants on your own really you wouldn't need to get an LLC until you get to the point where you can get sued for quite a bit ;)

What are some of your other hobbies? I make bracelets (sell them on Etsy), bake (starting to sell them to my father's coworkers), garden, write and read. I'm just curious how much we all do!

I used to collect stamps.
Current hobbies:
Play instruments.
Play on my computer, ps3, and iPhone. Reading.
Breed mealworms.
Fishing ( Freshwater and deep sea )
Crabbing
Sports
Minecraft
And many others that I can't think if right now. :)

So what does everyone want to do when they're older? I'd love to become a veterinarian, but being a marine biologist or opening up an LFS would be fun, too.

I also am NOT a city girl, so I think living in the city running an LFS wouldn't be the best fit for me.

So what does everyone want to do when they're older? I'd love to become a veterinarian, but being a marine biologist or opening up an LFS would be fun, too.

I also am NOT a city girl, so I think living in the city running an LFS wouldn't be the best fit for me.

Marine or marine biologist lol.
How much would you pay for a 6" red fin tinfoil barb

Meee :)

Well, not yet. I need to get some racks built for my fish room first. And I probably need to buy an RO unit if my tap water still tests at 80 PPM Nitrates...

But I planning on starting with Butterfly Splitfins, then setting up another tank after that. My parents think it's too much work :| These are the species I want to breed, not sure if I will end up doing all of them though.
Desert Goby
Freshwater Bumble Bee Goby (I have a soft spot for gobies)
Least Killi Fish
Normans Lampeye Kili
Pitbull Plecos
Burmese Rosy Loaches
Assorted Nano Tetras and Rasboras if I can spawn them
Dwarf Puffers
a few types of cories possibly
a few types of apistos
Pygmy Sunfish
Indostomus crocodilus
That's what I have for now :lol:

I know it sounds like A LOT, but most I plan on keeping 2 species per tank if possible to maximize room, and minimize work.

Psst psst......sydney needs to get RO/DI :hide:

Other stuff I do:

Piano
Trombone
Reading
Basketball
Cross country

I'd love to become an ambassador, or perhaps some one who works with foreign service, or work for the EPA or nonprofit organization:). To be honest I'm not too sure exactly what I want to do but I'd like to eventually get into a rep or senator spot;). One day my friends, one day! DC here I come!

Since college isn't too far away I'll tell you what I think that I've decided to major in since it ties into that question: I want to double major in political science and environmental studies(zoology would work too) and have a minor in finance.

I'd love to become an ambassador, or perhaps some one who works with foreign service, or work for the EPA or nonprofit organization:). To be honest I'm not too sure exactly what I want to do but I'd like to eventually get into a rep or senator spot;). One day my friends, one day!

Since college isn't too far away I'll tell you what I think that I've decided to major in since it ties into that question: I want to double major in political science and environmental studies(zoology would work too) and have a minor in finance.

Good maybe we might have someone thats not corrupt. I hate everything to do with the government in this country. All a bunch of corrupt idiots.

Back
Top Bottom