Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha you guys I'm just trying to keep it a teen thread and not have everyone come lol

Mattfin I know the feeling I'm on vacation now I'm so worried about my fishies :( The neighbor is feeding them but there is a limit on how specific you can be on the amount of food haha my pinch of food is smaller than my mom's, you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha you guys I'm just trying to keep it a teen thread and not have everyone come lol

Mattfin I know the feeling I'm on vacation now I'm so worried about my fishies :( The neighbor is feeding them but there is a limit on how specific you can be on the amount of food haha my pinch of food is smaller than my mom's, you know?

Yeah I know exactly I just feed them A lot prior to leaving and fed them an earthworm for some killer protein. Then before I left I dropped 4-5 peas in and did a generous amount of flakes.

I don't trust my neighbour purely because their 3yr old loves to put his fingers all over my glass and drop half a container of flakes into my Bettas tank and the rest of the container on my floor....

Yeah I know exactly I just feed them A lot prior to leaving and fed them an earthworm for some killer protein. Then before I left I dropped 4-5 peas in and did a generous amount of flakes.

I don't trust my neighbour purely because their 3yr old loves to put his fingers all over my glass and drop half a container of flakes into my Bettas tank and the rest of the container on my floor....

Lol

My neighbor is better but nothing is ever guaranteed, unfortunately.

Yes they're myrio and wisteria

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah,I've been taking wisteria from my two other tanks but every time I put them in the fluval chi they loose all leaves within 3 days?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah,I've been taking wisteria from my two other tanks but every time I put them in the fluval chi they loose all leaves within 3 days?

What do you have for substrate and lighting?

I have the fluval chi lighting (like I said sucks). For gravel I have activflora mixed with normal plants.

I'm new to this too. I am using Ada aquasoil and I think my extra lamp is helping a lot

Maybe try leaving the wisteria floating for a few days till they have roots developed all over then plant I found my wisteria to be picky when moving between tanks as obvious by me only having one stem left after starting with five and spreading between multiple tanks

On another note I exchanged the female for a male today. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419907002.468537.jpg
Straight away they're both swimming together ?

Also picked up some rosy tetras. Something I've never seen before. Was researching them in the store haha making sure it'd be ok. They have cool fins ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419907306.152552.jpg

I have a 3 bottle diy system running. It happened when I drained 5 gallons of water for a pwc. Maybe a coincidence maybe not, i think its funny that my other plants haven't pearled but the sword pearled after 24 hours of being in the tank. I would bet money it had to do with my new light.

My fish kept on photo bombing the picture. They where rather annoying, when I want plant pictures I get fish instead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 3 bottle diy system running. It happened when I drained 5 gallons of water for a pwc. Maybe a coincidence maybe not, i think its funny that my other plants haven't pearled but the sword pearled after 24 hours of being in the tank. I would bet money it had to do with my new light.

My fish kept on photo bombing the picture. They where rather annoying, when I want plant pictures I get fish instead.

Ahk yeah something to do with gas exchange and excess oxygen when doing water change. My sword pearls the most too next is my hygro and GBT.

But then when you want fish photos they don't want in and you get nice plant photos ;) ahahaha

Ahk yeah something to do with gas exchange and excess oxygen when doing water change. My sword pearls the most too next is my hygro and GBT.

But then when you want fish photos they don't want in and you get nice plant photos ;) ahahaha

Yea pretty much! I want fish pictures and they all hide, plant pictures and they are right in front...the struggle lol

I understand the gas exchange thing, but I only removed 5 gallons of water on an open top tank. No extra water was exposed to the air, and my filet was off. Somethings I never will understand...

I wonder if the other plants where not pearling before because of algae growth or something on them. What ever it was my ghost shrimp seem to be eating it off the lower leaves of my wisteria. Yesterday I would look and 5 or 6 of the 11??? would be on/near the plant

Back
Top Bottom