Ten gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have 2 6g Fluval Edge tanks with a Betta and cories in each one and to be honest while bettas are pretty fish they are pretty boring! You will have a much more active tank getting a dwarf gourami and a small school of rasboras or tetras.

Really? My betta are all giant hams and follow anything around that comes near them flashing and showing off, biting on plants and attacking glass....

Ours are lazy lunks! They love laying around up high in the plants, then will patrol some, then back to their favorite hangout!

Put a mirror in the back your tank, just a really small one like out of a makeup compact right where you feed him and make sure there is a plant or silk flower behind and to the side.... Then give him his favorite snack, make sure he has to look at himself, lol, or give them an invert to play with!!

I you like betta's, you could try paradise fish. I don't know much about except that they look a lot like betta fish

They're related... I have a large blue and a small red paradise, should be kept in a 20g minimum if I'm not wrong...

I've had my blue paradise with my 3 spot since they were fry, they have always been very passive, but my little red guy is feisty and a show off aggressively like my betta do. It all depends on the individual fish, so yea, they are a lot like betta, but a little more community tolerant from my experience.

Thats cool I dont know about you but where I live, the only way to get bettas isin the tiny cups at petstores where almost all of them are dead or dying and you want to save them but you cant get any good ones that are worth buying and will get healthy so thats why I dont really have any bettas anymore but they are great fish

Yea, that is pretty much the standard for purchasing betta, unfortunately, I buy my betta whenever I see one that I 'need' to have, plus I have had a couple successful matings, so I'm on a betta break to catch up, lol.

So maybe a pretty dwarf gourami and 6 tetras would be good? I heard dwarf gouramis like to uproot plants though, is this true?

I've had a dwarf gourami and he left the plants alone. ;) I'm also going to set up my sons as well and I think I'm going with the gourami and neon tetras. I like the gourami. Nice colour and peaceful but man can they move when they want to!

Dwarf gourami's don't mess with plants and 1 DG with 6 small tetras would be fine. Chili rasbora's might be too shy to keep with a DG.

I think that mix would be good. Sparkling gourami's like alittle floating plant cover so adding a piece of water sprite to float would be good for them. Or get some Brazilian Pennywort and plant it, then allow it to grow up and out across the surface of the water some.

I got 5 neon tetras yesterday for the tank! Their blue stripes are brighter now than they were in the store! I think I have changed my mind about the other fish though... Could I possibly do a male and female endlers livebearer with the tetras in this tank? I just love how the endlers look.

Back
Top Bottom