Tetra tec ex 1200 canister filter , is it good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Il be getting one 50% off so i really want one , but wont if people have bad experience with it ,
Also there comes bio balls, ceramic rings and activated carbon with it , should i swap some of these media out ? If so with what ?

No comment on the filter but the media is likely fine, bacteria doesn't care what it grows on :) just don't use the carbon till you need it. If you do use the carbon, make sure to thoroughly rinse the bag first! I made that mistake one time of not washing it and it was a dusty mess..

Caleb

I think i would not have the carbon inside unless i have to remove chemicals from the water otherwise what is the point of carbon ?on another thought I have a juwel rio 300 (350 litres), it has a 1000 liter per hour filter that is stuck to the tank , if i get the canister i would like to remove that filter from the glass , but im not sure if its a good idea it just takes a bit of space and expecially when the canister is in place , you think the canister will do a good job alone ?

I also have a jewel Rio (260l) and the internal filter has been removed. I run both a Tetra Tec Ex 700 and a Fluval 305. I have found both of these to be excellent filters however I do prefer the Tetra Tec with its four securing clips, the Fluval only has two and I have once misaligned the top and it leaked a little. Both are easy to maintain and spares are available, always something to be checked before purchasing a canister, spares for the cheaper models can be hard to source.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi. Sorry, the filter was removed before I got the tank. There are still the black glue marks where the filter was secured. So I don't know how hard is was to remove and I don't have the guys contact details to ask him. I imaging a long bladed sharp knife to slice through the silicon where the filter is attached to the glass.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom