Thanksgiving has been good to me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishobsessed7

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I woke up to angelfish eggs, which I was expecting because they've been hanging around and cleaning the filter intake. Awesome, but what really takes the cake: I just found out my kribs have free swimming fry! I didn't even know they laid eggs in the first place!

I have had them for about two months with no spawns, but then I realized that was because I didn't have the right caves for them. So I put in a cichlid stone I had in another tank, and they immediately "claimed" it. I did notice that they were more aggressive than usual, but thought nothing of it. They didn't spend a whole lot of time in they cave so I didn't pay close attention to them, although I did notice the female was fairly thin and didn't have her bright belly(she usually has a giant stomach area that is a purple color)

Then today, I scanned the tank, and then I looked at the sponge filter. It had quite a few fry grazing on it! I got super excited!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Woo babies!!

Hope they make it :)

Caleb

Yeah! They are really cool to watch! This is also the first egg layer I've successfully bred!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, the update ain't too good.

They angel fish eggs got eaten (expected)

The sad part: today during the water change the parents (kribs) got a little stressed and distracted. My male goodeid took advantage of the opportunity to sneak some fry and ate most if not all of them. I'll see if there are any left, but it's hard to tell unless the parents have the fry in the open

Fishobsessed7

Don't worry! I've started breeding some fish lately and if there's anything I've learned it's that they'll spawn again.... and again, and again, and again!

Don't worry! I've started breeding some fish lately and if there's anything I've learned it's that they'll spawn again.... and again, and again, and again!

Yeah, it looks like they've rounded up about half of them now, but I have no doubt that if they lost them all they'd spawn again

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom