The Art of Aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wy Renegade

Aquarium Advice Addict
Every time I get to looking around at different tanks on the internet, it never fails to amaze me. All the different things that people are doing with the aquascaping in their aquariums, litterly making them look like mountain sides, rivers, forests ect.

Its amazing how creative people can when they take simple principles, like these presented in this article on aquascaping I saw originally posted by Mumma.of.two;
Aquascaping Principles
and then turn their creativity loose.

I can't even imagine doing something on the detail or scale of these tanks;
The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2011 « Acuario Rosa

I know it! Makes me feel really self conscious about showing my own tanks.. lol Some scapes are truly art.

I have been reading, tinkering, and trying for years to approach the look of some of these tanks - and I cannot even come close to approximating the amazing scapes these folks come up with.

Of course, it is a fine line between having a display tank that looks good day after day, week after week, and some of these tanks, which look amazing at a moment in time, but are somewhat impractical to maintain as a long term display tank. Nevertheless, they are amazing and inspiring.

Good article, btw. Thanks for linking that.

My problem is i want something to look amazing right when i start it but i know that those tanks would take years and years of scaping and tinkering to make it look that good

Back
Top Bottom