The Beginning of my 80g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, it's going to be a couple months, we were looking into building our own too...possibly. but out of the places we've gone for the size of tank we want to build, it'll cost us $600 just for the glass, but thats tempered glass.

so when i'm ready...or should i say my fish are ready to go brackish, what is the best kind of salt to use?

I think it is marine salt, but I don't know for sure so don't quote me on that one. As far as I know the Aquarium salt is used for treating sick fish and as a general tonic and stress reliever.

Looking good. Really nice driftwood. I've never really had good luck with banana plants haha but yours look like they're doing pretty good. maybe you could anchor them with their roots (not the actual bananas tho or they might rot).

guppy fry! only 3 have survived, or the others are hiding. we're expecting some more guppies and swordtails
021.jpg

022.jpg

032.jpg

oh and these were taking at feeding time so i could get the fish out of their hiding spots. thats why the water looks so dirty lol

thanks guys! yes there are 3 bumble bees, we're waiting for more and right now we're just keeping the banana plants floating, the mollies like to sleep in them.

ya it's actually really neat. all the mollies crowd together around the heater and banana plants when they sleep.

also, what would be eating my java fern? it honestly looks like something came and took a huge bite out of it!

lol, ya i thought of that after i posted haha. and i'm not sure if they can live in brackish either. but i'm guessing if puffers can be brackish, and puffers need a diet of snails, then i'm guessing snails can do okay in brackish? i dunno, i'm not jumping to conclusions lol

Back
Top Bottom