The Beginning of my 80g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snails

UGH..... I ran into hitchhikers a while back. It's absolute mayhem. Bought 5 striped loaches and they were toast in about 2 days. Yeah they do drop clear "bags" on anything that isn't moving and BAM! Attack of the Clones. One thing you can do until you get resident terminators is to look at the tank at night about 30 minutes after the lights go out and go fishing for them. The ones I have tend to hang out under the rocks during the day or at the opposite end of the water return on the power filter. Little buggers.

well the water isn't brackish yet so maybe when i come back from camping i'll look for some assassins. the kids love to watch them but i dont want them to eat my plants. i'm trying to find some ghost shrimp to put in the tank for when i go brackish. although i know the mollies are great for cleaning. they clean off the filter intake on my emperor atleast once a day

looking into getting some lighting to simulate moonlight. i've seen so many different sizes and types of moonlights on the internet, but not sure what to actually go with it? any ideas?

how do you post a video? i got a really good clip of puff doing his thing lol. can't figure out how to post it.

you can upload it to youtube. then i think you just copy the link and post it in here and it should come right up

after lots of debating and thinking we got our final addition to the tank! A GSP!!! So cute we drove all over the city trying to find one and we got one! He/She is about an inch long right now. I'll post some pics as soon as my computer stops rejecting my camera lol! We figure this way we will control our snail population and we have a couple snails that are big enough that he wont eat. so we've heard that won't touch a snail thats too big.
Can anyone confirm this....LM, since you have 2 gsp's can you help me out with any xtra care i should be giving this little fellow? we have lots of snails so I don't think that should be a problem. We picked up some more brine shrimp and blood worms and we picked up some frozen krill...he went crazy for the krill, devoured it. I'm pretty sure he has enough hiding spots.

If anyone else has any advice or comments please post!

Puff

and as i promised before, here's some pics of Puff the magic dragon goby lol
i had a video of him but it didnt turn out on the computer, i'll try to get a better one

011.jpg

012.jpg

we will moving the guppies into a 10gal for breeding...and feeding possibly, ive talked to a few people who say they feed their puffers guppy fry...and since i have about 40 guppy fry in here now, i'll just move the oldest ones to a 10 and i'm picking up some mts today.

i saw about 6 baby dragon gobies, they were so cute! i got mine when he was about 6 inches i think, and he's around 10 now. there were 3 violet gobies and 3 silver dragon gobies. i was shocked to see how different they actually look. but they were only like 3 inches long and the width of my baby finger, so cute! i was thinking about getting one of those instead of the puffer but i wasn't sure how well my dragon would do with a baby dragon goby.

more plants

we've added some more plants. some cabomba and some more val. here's a full tank shot and i'll give you the link to check out the rest.
29423-albums1006-picture7268.jpg

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - ilovemydragongoby's Album: My 80 gal

Tell me what you think!

arg! my tank has ich! i'm picking up some salt tomorrow, to treat them....i guess i'll be making the tank brackish after the treatments are done! i'll keep everyone posted

Verde, my gsp is adapting very well to his surroundings. i didnt think he was doing to good. but i watch him hunt for snails alot. he seems to be enjoying himself and the plants/decor. however, the tank still does have ich, the aquarium salt has seem to have perked everyone up.

yes, the temp is sitting around 85 right now. all the fish have stopped "flashing" i think its called skipping off the decor but my goby still has the spot on his fin. my boyfriend thought it was gone, but apparently not.

Ahhh well good luck. Just keep up with the temp and salt and remember that before you add salt you have to do a pwc, since the salt doesn't evaporate (you probably already know this but just sayin).

Back
Top Bottom