The Evolution of My Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Borderlesscott said:
One of the very few Apisto's I have yet to see, very nice indeed.

Yeah. Not overly common due to their lack of flashy colors compared to the Cacatoides and Agasizzii.

So far the male is showing some nice blue facial markings with the grey and black checkerboard body. Some blue is showing up on the fins also.

Hopefully I can find a friend with a good camera to get in here and take a few nice pictures. My iPhone isn't doing my tanks justice.

Those fish look good, can't wait too see the male after he settles in & colors up some more!

Btw pred, your inbox is full :p

Long time no update!

Here are a few pics of the tanks. No pics of the South American 10g as it will be going through an update to become a 10g Shrimp tank shortly.

29g

image-3209761865.jpg

image-2981079271.jpg

image-1720452887.jpg

image-1665007711.jpg

Lovely pictures of my male Apistogramma Gibbiceps. I have the female currently in the South American 10g until I can get her a good breeding area. She was getting a little harassed before.

10g South East Asian.

image-3493494779.jpg

image-2188438705.jpg

Picture of my Crypt Wendtii Florida Sunrise. It hasn't lost too much of its emersed colors :)

5g RCS tank (soon to be a 10g)

image-2852878862.jpg

image-4075322282.jpg

Thanks for looking all!

Almost had a tragedy yesterday. Came home to my CO2 on the fritz! pH had dropped out and fish were showing signs of distress. Did a water change, shut off the CO2, and prayed a little.

I'll give updates when I get back from work. The Apisto seemed to perk up fine. The Rummys are my concern, as they can be delicate :(

Borderlesscott said:
They should be fine, tank looking really good!

Thanks!

Yeah, like I said, the Apisto was already perking up and not in his distress coloration. And the Pygmy Corys seemed ok too.

Haven't updated in awhile but here it goes!

On the Apisto front, sadly the female Apisto passed away. I came home tonight to find her laying on the ground. I don't ever see Apistogramma Gibbiceps available either :(

Here is the tank. Added some Jungle Val in the back.

image-2543264701.jpg

image-750512744.jpg

image-1707333425.jpg

Next is the CPD 10g. Cut back my tall plants, waiting for them to recover now haha.

Ooops. Sent that prematurely.

image-430710101.jpg

The Anubias is loving life in that tank :)

Java Moss going crazy in the RCS tank.

image-144057690.jpg

Lastly, the Pencilfish tank. Had an accidentally spawning :) I didn't think anything of fry as I know they eat their young. But behold! I found one baby :)

image-3973146551.jpg

image-1603379441.jpg

Check out the middle of the picture :)

Update time!

Going to go through some major tank changes and moves! I'm coming into a few extra fish at the end of the month and I gotta get prepared. Also, my tanks were on IKEA tables right now and I'm having nightmares of those tables giving out! I've listed out what the tanks are now and what they will be by the time everything is said and done.

Current tank: 10g with CPDs and Green Eyed Rasboras.
Future plan: Shrimp tank with Black Crystal and RCS with some Least Killifish.

Current tank: 10g with Beckfords Pencilfish and Habrosus Corys.
Future plan: CPD with Habrosus Corys.

Current tank: 5.5g with Least Killifish and RCS
Future plan: Tore down and emptied.

Current tank: 29g with Rummynose, Apisto Gibbiceps male, Pygmy Corys.
Future plan: Same tank except the Apisto Gibbiceps is going to be moved and Apisto Aggasizzi Tefe Pearl Blue.

Current tank: 20g long with nothing!
Future plan: Apisto Gibbiceps, Beckfords Pencilfish. I also have Checkerboard Cichlids available to me and I reeeeally want them.

Pic of the fish room before the move!

image-3190483791.jpg

Stay tuned for plenty of new things :D

Post how those checkboards do. I've looked at them so many times but have just never made the plunge!

Back
Top Bottom