The Nursery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful looking tank.
Gotta love snail's [emoji222] miss my mystery snail's my last one died a few day's ago, and they're not easy to get a hold of around here because of the ban [emoji20]
Keeping my eyes open!

I hope you find some! Scotland is too far to ship for me. Lol. I have mystery and ramshorn going off to the LFS this afternoon. $$$ gonna buy some fish food lol. IMG_7397.jpg

Yep, it would be empty shells lol
I've loads of red ramshorn snail's and Tylo. Didn't realise how many until I changed the substrate!

PWC today. Moved plants a bit to catch the light better. Thinned out the guppy grass a tad too. IMG_7404.jpg

These are the buce I nuked a few months back. They are recovering!IMG_7405.jpgIMG_7406.jpg

Still on the hunt to spot more Hydra. So far no more have been found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered Buce twice and both times they declined a bit, not melting but definitely declined when first added to the tank. But after a few months they filled in and roots were strong enough after 3 months to remove the ties on the rock.

I've ordered Buce twice and both times they declined a bit, not melting but definitely declined when first added to the tank. But after a few months they filled in and roots were strong enough after 3 months to remove the ties on the rock.

Thanks for the info. The piece has some tattered leaves, a yellowing leaf or two and a couple holes, but the roots are monstrous, so that gives me hope and also a new flower spathe coming up! :) The RH snail was cleaning up the piece too and made me smile! Remided me of your recent pic.

My one flower opened and I saw it early in the morning. When I came back a few hours later to see if it had opened more some big fat snail had mangled it. Didn't eat it. Just mozied it to shreds.

PWC this weekend and put a cucumber in there. Definitely some more shrimplettes. Smaller than the first hatch. Tried to get pics but the camera can't focus on them well. IMG_7464.jpgIMG_7488.jpg

hahaha, I thought it was going to be a video of Hydra!

But awe so cute, they are practically invisible against the sand! So many of them. Wow, nice group of young ones there!

Based on the range of size I think 4 of the females have hatched. The biggest ones are a 1/3 of an inch. The one I was trying to photograph was less than a 1/4, and then I spotted these puny guys. If I hadn't been zoomed in I never could see them with my naked eye or bifocals.

Still haven't seen anymore Hydra. It's hard too since there are tiny little shrimp molts in the tank now. Little white things to stare at but none with the telltale tentacles.

Last edited:
I keep a huge magnifying glass in the drawer under a shrimp tank just so I can get a good view, and have even done a few pics through the magnifying glass with the cell phone. Cell phones pic abilities are getting better and better.

PWC and canister clean today. Moved things around a bit and shrimp are swarming like bees.

Yesterday I out the beautiful but way to big piece of petrified wood. Touched the guppy grass which exploded into millions of tiny pieces and added my new Nana Tree from Nirbhao. Changed out the backing. Not sure if the troll will stay but I have some new goodies coming soon. IMG_7626.jpg
IMG_7627.jpg
IMG_7628.jpg

I'm think more Davy Jones!? But I need to research the Funko plastic to see if it is inert like Lego. IMG_7624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom