The Nursery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg planaria are creepy. Treated twice with fenbendozole. Still seeing them. Added some young Khuli's to keep worms and general pop down. IMG_8539.jpg

It's a Khuli/shrimp tree now. IMG_8540.jpg

I had one Kuhli go missing and it was at the time I was making the change gradually to a planted tank it was a resin type pseudo "real" looking tree branching thing and there was a Kuhli went into it - little hole in bottom and it got a little big and couldn't get out - too chubby, (not like T's though lol) and I ended up breaking it open to get it out of there. I still don't know how it went under the sand and up into the smallest little hole in the bottom.

PWC and vacuum today. Haven't seen any planaria for a week! Yeah!!!!IMG_8932.jpg

Khuli's are growing fast. IMG_8933.jpg
IMG_8934.jpg
IMG_8936.jpg

I was finding dead shrimp and removed the Khuli's last week and did my PWC, vacuum and canister rinse. But I am still finding shrimp bodies.

Probably a 50% loss and it all started when I changed the substrate.

When I got the first 10 shrimp I had PFS and had pregnant females in the 10g. I moved them to the 20Long with the garnet sand and their numbers kept increasing.

I added the black diamond a month or so ago. Planaria surfaced and shrimp started dying. I wonder if there is something in the black diamond the planaria hated? I had never seen them on the surface of the garnet. And shrimp keep dying. I'm gonna trust my instincts on this and remove the black diamond over the next few days.

Or perhaps it is due to stress from the meds? Gotta try something....

Planaria info is here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357005

Last edited:
Ya know I mulled that over too. When I moved the shrimp from the 10 to the 20 it had all new substrate. All of the same plants and many more were added too. I'm pretty careful about the temp.

All the moves when changing the substrate last month could have stressed them overall. But even now a month later?

And, they aren't eat nearly as much as they were. I am feeding less pellets to less shrimp. But they aren't flocking to it like they usually do.

Just stick a fork in me I'm done. No idea what to do.

Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrates 40, ph 7.4, 77.6 degrees, Kh 4', GH 6, copper 0.

Did a PWC 4g and removed about 10% of the substrate.

Ok I added 5 plants and rock from other tanks and some fir leaves from my tree I know are clean.IMG_9288.jpg

And then I had an egg salad taco. IMG_9287.jpg

Ok I added 5 plants and rock from other tanks and some fir leaves from my tree I know are clean.View attachment 299169

And then I had an egg salad taco. View attachment 299170

^^^ That post is a combination of random and yummy.
Hope things look up in the nursery.

(y) Hard work requires sustenance. Never had an egg salad taco but I like the sauce and egg salad and tacos, so yum! Chile Rellano burrito with green Chile, yummy!!! Might have to go get one of those for breakfast.

Fir leaves like fir as in evergreen tree???

Back
Top Bottom