The one fish you never regretted buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite fishes are my beautiful cory's. The one fish that I would probably never buy again are actually dwarf puffers, but only because of their specialized diet and water quality, care and aggressiveness. Well, my second one was kind of an impulse buy, but whatever :)

Nils

I have 5 emerald and 3 panda corys and I love them!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Since I've been in the hobby, I had one rare impulse buy a few years ago... A ropefish... this led to a bigger tank... then more ropefish... Now, I'm looking for a bigger tank, so I can get even more ropefish.

I am falling in love with DPs!!! Great pic, too!!

I need to get a different tank for them, though. I'm currently stocking a 55 gal. and already have 8 Longfin Gold Danios in there. I doubt they'd be compatible!!

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

Itd be best to just keep em on his own sadly! Thats my plan

Your emerald cory's get pretty big, I saw some full grown ones at my LFS a couple weeks ago, the owner said they were with her for at least 18 years, which I thought was pretty long, but she is old but very nice. I have peppered and False Julii cory's and they're really cool!! Panda's are sweet too!

Nils

My high-fin spotted pleco. For a monster he's really good at hiding, but when he's around he's spectacular and has great personality.

Plus I love how my little herd of peppered corys follows him around the tank. At feeding time it looks like he's herding them along the bottom.

Otos.

They're not flashy and these days I rarely see them at all. But between the clean up job they do, the satisfaction of keeping them alive and healthy when everyone says they're delicate ... I could give or take the rest and keep that one.

Or, Pygmy multi striped loaches. They're unique and tiny and interesting. And they keep the tank clean.

I'd also never do without Malaysian trumpet snails.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425337192.862949.jpg

This guy. Had him for almost 12 years, bought him when I first started really keeping fish and had the 'you need a pleco in the tank' mentality lol. He's lived through an almost to tank wipeout, several moves and even a year long stint of being kept at a local fish store when I was unable to have a tank. I finally named him Mac (I'm terrible at naming fish).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

View attachment 266042

This guy. Had him for almost 12 years, bought him when I first started really keeping fish and had the 'you need a pleco in the tank' mentality lol. He's lived through an almost to tank wipeout, several moves and even a year long stint of being kept at a local fish store when I was unable to have a tank. I finally named him Mac (I'm terrible at naming fish).

Very beautiful Bristlenose Toad! Mine is still a juvenile and can't wait for mine to turn into that!

He is a handsome devil lol. Sometimes I think about getting him a girlfriend but I really don't have the room for all the fry :/

A pair of german blue rams! :)

Sent per three-eyed raven..

I regret buying so many Betta when I was younger and keeping them in jars without knowing proper care

Panda cories, they sensitives...
Rummynose tetras, they school very nice
Shrimps like amanos or cherries.

Back
Top Bottom