The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skywhitney said:
They look good to me :) Crisis averted!

Yeah phew! I really did not want to fish those kuhlis out. You cannot catch those things, once they're in the tank, theres no getting them out!

George9 said:
Yeah phew! I really did not want to fish those kuhlis out. You cannot catch those things, once they're in the tank, theres no getting them out!

Lol just from what little i've seen, heard, or read about about them i can tell they'd be a challenge to catch.

skywhitney said:
Lol just from what little i've seen, heard, or read about about them i can tell they'd be a challenge to catch.

I got the plants! 5 indica, 2 purple cabomba and 1 green cabomba. I'm gonna put my pj's on and plant them :) the purple cabomba is in huge bunches! It should look cool because it's turning purple on the tops :)

Okie dokie. They're planted! I love it! I just hope the big bunch of indica along the back won't melt like it did last time, but I didn't have a little co2 or dry ferts back then. The wisteria is like buried in the purple cabomba lol, I have to move it or its gonna die :( Anyway, here it is:
Full shot:
9s5n9u.jpg

Right side:
102qy6e.jpg

I think I should trim the indica to get more of a concave look ,but I think I kinda like it like that :) I might have to move some of the new cabomba around a little too, but we'll see how it looks tomorrow. What do you think?

Edit- hmm, maybe I shouldn't have started the thread about the rescape lol.

You can always just close the rescape thead or let it die a natual death.

I wouldn't trim the indica, looks great how it is.

skywhitney said:
You can always just close the rescape thead or let it die a natual death.

I wouldn't trim the indica, looks great how it is.

I don't think you can close a thread yourself, so I'll just let it die a slow painful death :D

Thanks :) I finally love the way the tank looks. Hopefully they will all start to grow and look even better.

George9 said:
I don't think you can close a thread yourself, so I'll just let it die a slow painful death :D

Thanks :) I finally love the way the tank looks. Hopefully they will all start to grow and look even better.

Oh it will and it'll look amazing!

skywhitney said:
Oh it will and it'll look amazing!

Can't wait :)

I was doing some research and found that is difficult to get cabomba to flower in home aquariums! Dont ask my how the lfs got them to do it, I just hope I can get then to open because thatd be so cool!

George9 said:
Can't wait :)

I was doing some research and found that is difficult to get cabomba to flower in home aquariums! Dont ask my how the lfs got them to do it, I just hope I can get then to open because thatd be so cool!

You could always ask your lfs how they get them to bloom... Hopefully yours will on its own though!

George9 said:
Check out this angel: http://www.angelfishusa.net/shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes&bc=no

This was the one I wanted so freaking bad! UNtil I found the shipping prices. They want $45 to ship PLUS an extra $5! $50 bucks just to ship the stupid thing. I'm so disappointed lol. That fish is cool, but not $80 cool.

Hey the link didn't show the one you wanted. I browsed the site a little and there are some gorgeous fish on there.

skywhitney said:
Hey the link didn't show the one you wanted. I browsed the site a little and there are some gorgeous fish on there.

Whoopsies. It was the smokey blue one. I'm probably gonna get that one eventually, but I can't break the bank by spending $70 on one fish. Funds are getting low and I gotta keep the pirate ship afloat lol

George9 said:
Whoopsies. It was the smokey blue one. I'm probably gonna get that one eventually, but I can't break the bank by spending $70 on one fish. Funds are getting low and I gotta keep the pirate ship afloat lol

Oh nice! I looked at the blue ones while i was browsing their site. Beautiful fish! I understand about the funds all to well man.

skywhitney said:
Oh nice! I looked at the blue ones while i was browsing their site. Beautiful fish! I understand about the funds all to well man.

Yeah they are nice.

The angelfish comes last though, the gbr comes before that. I don't know when I should add the gbr, I've been told to wait a little on it when I got my first one back in February. Maybe I can handle a quality tank bred one in the next few weeks.

The flowers on the cabomba opened up too!!! I'll post pictures later

George9 said:
Yeah they are nice.

The angelfish comes last though, the gbr comes before that. I don't know when I should add the gbr, I've been told to wait a little on it when I got my first one back in February. Maybe I can handle a quality tank bred one in the next few weeks.

The flowers on the cabomba opened up too!!! I'll post pictures later

Awesome! Can't wait to see them!

skywhitney said:
Awesome! Can't wait to see them!

Ah crap. I forgot to upload the pics lol. Tomorrow!

I think one or two of my platies might be pregnant!!! On one, I think I see a small gravid spot showin up, and her stomach has gotten fatter and is kinda bumpy on the bottom. Couldn't get a picture of her though, too fast!

I think i might order order my gbr this week from oddballfish.com, along with two cool rainbows because they have a $30 minimum order. I think my tank is established enough for one.

George9 said:
Ah crap. I forgot to upload the pics lol. Tomorrow!

I think one or two of my platies might be pregnant!!! On one, I think I see a small gravid spot showin up, and her stomach has gotten fatter and is kinda bumpy on the bottom. Couldn't get a picture of her though, too fast!

I think i might order order my gbr this week from oddballfish.com, along with two cool rainbows because they have a $30 minimum order. I think my tank is established enough for one.

How about those pics lol

Sorry! lol I bet you thought I was lying about them ;)
5cg0if.jpg

2dqrpn7.jpg

Heres the suspected pregnant girl, but I dunno anymore. I guess Ill wait and see.
1629mq8.jpg

George9 said:
Sorry! lol I bet you thought I was lying about them ;)

Heres the suspected pregnant girl, but I dunno anymore. I guess Ill wait and see.

Those flowers must look awezome in person! Hopefully they'll keep blooming for you :)

From what i've seen and heard, if you have a female platy that's old enough to breed she's probably pregnant lol

skywhitney said:
Those flowers must look awezome in person! Hopefully they'll keep blooming for you :)

From what i've seen and heard, if you have a female platy that's old enough to breed she's probably pregnant lol

Haha hopefully I'll have some fry soon then :)

Back
Top Bottom