The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered my last few fish today. They should be here Friday :). I got my German blue ram coming, and two rainbowfish that are really cool looking(only because they had a $30 minimum purchase)

George9 said:
I ordered my last few fish today. They should be here Friday :). I got my German blue ram coming, and two rainbowfish that are really cool looking(only because they had a $30 minimum purchase)

Sounds like you're just about 99% there! Still thinking of an angel?

skywhitney said:
Sounds like you're just about 99% there! Still thinking of an angel?

Yeah of course! I remember getting advice to add it absolutely last. So that's what I'll do. It probably won't be a Philippine blue though lol

George9 said:
Yeah of course! I remember getting advice to add it absolutely last. So that's what I'll do. It probably won't be a Philippine blue though lol

Lol i don't think i could justify dropping $80 on a fish lol even if funds weren't a problem!

skywhitney said:
Lol i don't think i could justify dropping $80 on a fish lol even if funds weren't a problem!

Ya lol. If I ever spend $80 on one fish, there's a huge problem and you should find help for me ;)

George9 said:
Ya lol. If I ever spend $80 on one fish, there's a huge problem and you should find help for me ;)

I think there are plenty of people who already think we need help! ;-)

So in the last week i've had 75 fry born....sure you want your platy to be pregnant? Lol ;-)

skywhitney said:
So in the last week i've had 75 fry born....sure you want your platy to be pregnant? Lol ;-)

Yep! Still do :) although I won't have anywhere for 75 fry lol. You got your work cut out for you! Post some pics on your thread so we can see how they're all growing and stuff :)

I just found out, my order is coming TOMORROW instead of Friday. This is no good lol. I have school and stuff afterwards!!! Ahhh I gotta move my schedule around now.

Guess what? I'm not going to tell you what I got coming either!! Well, you know about the gbr, but theres two others!! Muy hahaha

George9 said:
I just found out, my order is coming TOMORROW instead of Friday. This is no good lol. I have school and stuff afterwards!!! Ahhh I gotta move my schedule around now.

Guess what? I'm not going to tell you what I got coming either!! Well, you know about the gbr, but theres two others!! Muy hahaha

Lol the rainbows?

skywhitney said:
Lol the rainbows?

Que?

Grr maybe you know what kind, but I'm sure you haven't seen these in a store. I've never seen em before. You'll see mañana

Okay. You win lol. I'm too excited. Here they are :D
Dwarf MacCullochi Rainbow:

maccullochi-rainbow.jpg

Millennium Rainbow:
millennium-rainbow.jpg

George9 said:
Okay. You win lol. I'm too excited. Here they are :D
Dwarf MacCullochi Rainbow:

Millennium Rainbow:

Those guys are awesome! You were right, i've never seen them before!

They came! The rainbows look great, they still have a little coloring up to do, but look like the pcture. The ram is very pretty, and is super lethargic. I'm a little worried. He's fine in the bag, then when I put him in the bucket for acclimation, he rolled on his side, but he is sitting normal and moving his fins normal. I touched his tail and he didnt even move though. Okay, enough ranting! I'm just a bit worried about him :/

I got them all in :). The gbr is already out and about and the rainbows are always moving. I need a name for him, hes a male. The millennium one is freaking huge lol. I think they gave me a large instead of a medium :) I will post pics once I take them.

I started excel today too in hopes that I will get some more growth and my swords will look more lively :) I'm(Well, Aqua_Chem actually suggested it lol) thinking its just what I need.

Here we go.

Updted tank shot:
2ai4w78.jpg

Enrique(Because hes not camera shy :p)
10zvjwz.jpg

The new GBR, he seems super happy and is very active. Unlike the last failure GBR a few months back. I think he'll do great:
34g8wzl.jpg

One of the new rainbows (Hard to get a pic of this guy! its blurry!) He is soo much cooler in person too.
1rvtxd.jpg

My Millennium rainbow, along with "Newman" the turqoiuse rainbow I haven't posted a pic of. also a bit blurry
x3xyet.jpg

The tank looks awesome! You have some really pretty guys in there now! :) the colors on the GBR are really vibrant.

skywhitney said:
The tank looks awesome! You have some really pretty guys in there now! :) the colors on the GBR are really vibrant.

Yeah they are very vibrant. So much nicer than I expected from oddballfish.com.

I noticed a drastic drop in flow out of my canister. I opened it up and it was full of gunk. Gun gunk gunk. Impeller, media, everything. I dunno why because I just cleaned it last month and was planning to do it tomorrow. Or maybe I thought I cleaned it last month and I really didn't. Hmm. Also, I peeled the sponges off the plastic piece and guess what came popping out. A freaking kuhli loach! Alive as ever. I put him back in the tank. He looks fine, except his barbels (sp?) are shorter.

Anyway, my water is cloudy now , I hope it will clear soon.

Back
Top Bottom