The wonderful oscar!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone I have had has been to aggressive to keep with anything...except convicts.

Of similar size of course.

Convicts are by far the meanest fish I have ever kept. I have kept them with green terrors, dempseys, piranha (pansy fish), and the like. They always pick on everyone. No matter what order they are added.

I have a couple mollies in a tank with my oscar. It appears the Oscar is either too lazy or too friendly to eat them. He just follows them around the tank and will sit in the water next to them staring off into space.

I also have a pleco in the tank with him who kinda lives under a shelf. The Oscar has never taken a nip at him but does frequently float down to the bottom and peer under the shelf.

I guess I got a friendly oscar!

Asaint

From what I have seen and been told about Oscars they aren't mean fish. However, they do like to eat and will eat anything that can fit in their mouth. After they eat they seem to just sit there.
I think different fish have different personalities. I had a Green Terror that was a terror. I have a Red Terror (don't know the correct name) that runs my tank now. When I first got my tank my Convict was my biggest fish. Now he has been passed up by 4 other fish.

Back
Top Bottom