TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never thought about using cholla in a fish tank but I do love in New Mexico where there is an abundance of Cholla I could possibly easily find you some

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So 'they ' just send you a GBR?:flowers:
Do/did they know you would be able to keep it with out warning?:ermm:
Totally cool fish(looks good!), but holy!:eek:
What if every tank had shrimp?:confused:

Sometimes adversity can push us in a direction we would have not chosen but still enjoy or even choose to pursue farther...:whistle:
I hope you enjoy your ram!(y)

Really caught me off guard, just glad it wasn't some monster fish!

Rambandit trying to get more people in on his ram problem... misery loves company! :lol:

'Ram problem', love it!

But does company love misery??:nono:
These fish!:facepalm:
T actually expressed interest in rams before but had space/stocking concerns...

Water temp was a big issue with current tanks, had been hoping to do a species only tank with your rams at some point.

I've never thought about using cholla in a fish tank but I do love in New Mexico where there is an abundance of Cholla I could possibly easily find you some

I never even heard of it until I got into shrimp keeping!

Give me a week or two let me see what I can find

Poke poke...... Go Jayhawks

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ZY6FHtW.png
I'll see you on the CBB thread.

TM - Sorry for wandering. Congrats on the new GBR. Definitely a departure from the nano theme. That was a surprise.

TM - Sorry for wandering. Congrats on the new GBR. Definitely a departure from the nano theme. That was a surprise.

Not a problem at all!

The ram is doing well, not shy but still not joining in the meal time feeding frenzy. Tried some NLS pellets last night but he/she would just take a bite then spit it out. Frozen blood worms might be on the menu for today.

Got half a dozen fry from the Endlers. While I like a planted breeding tank catching them can sometimes be a pain.

Working on a small order with Rachel. Going to try an assassin snail in the shrimp tank, a couple Amano shrimp for the Evolve, and some friends for the lone pygmy cory. First time keeping that type of snail and shrimp, I'm a bit excited!

Your team was tough, madam. Great game. Lovin the tanks.

Your team was tough, madam. Great game. Lovin the tanks.

Disappointed that I missed the MD game and already stressed about OSU this weekend. I blame the daughter since I wouldn't even been watching these games if she wasn't going to school there :whistle: :lol:

Forgot to mention I got a lot of branched cholla wood ordered from eBay. It's 8 pieces between 4.5" and 6.5", $21 including shipping. Didn't think that was a bad price considering I was paying ~$2 for each 3" straight piece. Hoping they arrive before the weekend.

Score... Now thats a good find. Might have to check that out.

When I moved the Spec 5 and turned it into a shrimp only tank I thought I had removed all the scuds. Turns out I did not. Kicking myself for not getting rid of the EC like I had planned. There are so many and after doing a bunch of reading today I'm sure they're eating a good number of shrimplets.

So it's project time again and the current plan is:

-Remove all the plants & cholla; treat the plants, boil the cholla.

-Net the shrimp and put them in a breeder net with some floating plants in the Endlers tank which is the same temp.

-Siphon scuds and feed them to my 16g.

-Completely get rid of the EC, thoroughly clean tank, rinse filter media.

-Restart with plain black sand.

My big concerns are catching all the shrimp, the shrimp being ok for a few days in a breeder net, and seeing any scuds in the tank after doing all of this.

On a good note the package of cholla arrived today. I'm so frustrated with the rest of this though that I just set it aside for now.

Edit: I'm planning to start this relatively soon so please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions!

Last edited:
Quick update: having no patience I started the project and was up until 2am. Just to give an idea of what I'm dealing with these were the result of pulling a single dwarf sag:

img_3308138_0_cccdc19a2c5f3d83362479290289bb78.jpg

Oh man. No fooling, I do not envy you ? it'll be so worth it! Everything does sit on the top of the sand, so much so I grab a baster to get the out of the way spots the oto hang out and poop copiously. XD

Oh man. No fooling, I do not envy you ? it'll be so worth it! Everything does sit on the top of the sand, so much so I grab a baster to get the out of the way spots the oto hang out and poop copiously. XD

I prefer sand and have it in a few other tanks, just decided to go with something different when I originally set this one up :facepalm: Don't mess with a good thing, I suppose, lesson learned :whistle:

Is the 16 gallon the one with the kuhli loaches? They would probably LOVE the scuds if they're small enough for them to eat (I can't tell from the pictures)

Back
Top Bottom