Thinking about starting a saltwater 30g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No i didnt get anything yet lol just trying to make a supply list. For te skimmer i was thinking about the HOB reef
Octopus BH-100. I haven't researched about te bak-pak. Is it cheaper? I should look into it. For now im staying with the LEDs that came with the tank. These are not sufficient for corals and that's fine cause im doing a fowlr tank.
& for the rock,
I'm doing like 20-25 lbs of dry rock and 5 lbs of live rock. This is much cheaper IMO and you still get to have the corraline algae grow in the tank.

I've been torn the lady at ltd recommend octopus by, doing research I haven't seen to much between that and bak-oak 2 besides octo is $60 more

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mostly they are similar I still putting $ away so I have time till I get mine but just throwing an option out to look at

No pro, like I said I'm still undecided I'm gonna talk to the ppl at lfs this week they are really honest I know the woman is gonna say octo but the guy is more open to different ideas they have been helpful in the last year awnsering my questions he even offered to come to the house when I get things goin to help me tune it all in

Stringy things looked odd, but I have an aquatop with the if filter already so I wasn't planing on the blue stingy things was thinking putting my heater in return chamber so it's going back into tank at temp

Idk, I was looking but still want to go with reef octopus. They seem very reliable (not to say that the other brands are not), i just trust it.I see that they make a BH-90 which is cheaper down to 179.99. This would be be better but on brs its out of stock. Does anyone know a reliable website that I could go to that sells it and I would have it in a good condition?

Nice I'm finding it better to pace it out, I could of just went and bought everything in a couple weeks but forcing myself to wait I've learned a lot more so here's to patience lol

Not sure about the sites I have gotten my stuff at lfs if they don't have it they order it for me

I've purchased quote a bit from aquacave, very reliable site. :)

The owner actually gave me a 10% off code when i first started my 125g up as i was spending over a thousand bucks. Like I said, good place to shop/

Back
Top Bottom