Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooo daydreaming about my stocking options ;) what can I get next??? What are some cool fish? Will be a couple weeks before I can get anything, need to recoup from Xmas haha, want to start. Studying up on what can go in next ;)

A refresher

Stats: 75g
Stock : 2 Clarkii's 1 unidentified Chromis of some sort (I think?) 1 Scribbled Rabitfish (eventually to be moved to 150g once it's up & running) 1 lawnmower blenny 1 Brittle Star 1 Sea Urchin 1 Flower Rock Anemone 1 Bubble Tip Anemone 1 Coral Banded Shrimp about 12-14 hermits 7 or so snails & some mushrooms.

What's the best suited tank mates? :)

Also, does my cuc look weak? I'm taking my murderous hermit to the lfs, I find dead hermits alllll the time :( I want feather dusters too & he loves to eat then so he has to gooooo!

Well, researched my light yesterday to find out I had a Power Compact light, not enough for a nem :/ luckily I had a 4 bulb t5 ho ballast from the 150g purchase off CL. I screwed it to some wood and slapped it on. Looks ghetto but its putting off some major light :) my mushrooms and the Bta are glowing like they do at the lfs. With the power compact I lacked the "glow" and always wondered why. Is 4 t5's enough to support the Bta? 3 are white & one is blue. I'm planning on getting new bulbs because I have no idea how old they are. Any advice on what bulbs to buy?

My handy work with a lil help from the ol man :)

Attachments

• image-4114948042.jpg
    image-4114948042.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2221883297.jpg
    image-2221883297.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 130
This little clown is annoying the LIFE out of my nem :( I'm thinking I may have to seperate them. Not sure how I would go about that yet since only one if my tanks is salt. I'm afraid that even if I do seperate them as soon as they are reunited she will do the same... Anyone have any tips for me???

I wouldn't interfere. I thought the same when my clowns first hosted, they annoy the hell out of it! When it closes at night they still try and shove themselves in it. I was told that it was natural for the nem to host a clown and they love it. Go figure...

I wouldn't interfere. I thought the same when my clowns first hosted, they annoy the hell out of it! When it closes at night they still try and shove themselves in it. I was told that it was natural for the nem to host a clown and they love it. Go figure...

Thanks for the advice! Mine harasses it at night too! It just never gets a chance to settle in it seems :/ (tank is next to my bed so I can see it at night :) ) as soon as I put it in that dang clown was wiggling around in it and hasn't stopped since! Just worried it will stress it to death If that's even possible?! I will let them be and let nature take its course :)

Nothing new really goin on today, here's a pic of my nosey clown :)

Attachments

• image-2640887509.jpg
    image-2640887509.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 116
Nice pics Jess you the point. Now... How are you working on cookies if your still on the forum?

Wow... He must really need some cookies!! He just doesn't give up. :D Love the pic Jess! Clowns are so cute in their nems, I love the way they wiggle around. Lol

You're too funny! You did say that Jess, we all read it. Lol. Not trying to take sides!! :D
Well Dino, maybe you'll get some valentines cookies. :)

Wow... He must really need some cookies!! He just doesn't give up. :D Love the pic Jess! Clowns are so cute in their nems, I love the way they wiggle around. Lol

I love when it seems to close around her at night :) it's the coziest spot in the tank I bet :D I haven't noticed her feed it tho.... The guy at my lfs told me she should be feeding it?! How often should I feed it?

Dino, I'm mailing ur treats Thursday :) that's payday, I'm broke till then lol!

So I got my hands on a fluval 306, could I run that in conjunction with my sump? I don't feel like my sump is a sufficient enough, it looks too small to me! I'm building a 35 gallon sump it but I haven't started and I'm so busy I think it will be a good minute before that's operational....

Part of what she feeds the nem is her poop. Yummy!! Haha. I give my nem a little mysis about once a week, but I don't have a clown hosting it.

Back
Top Bottom