Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I was stoked!!! ;);)

Does the nem look ok?! I'm keeping an eye out for bleaching. It will move if not comfy, right? It appears happy and eats like a pig when I feed the tank mysis & emerald entree. It's an amazing creature! It actually look even better today, I should have taken a oic! It's pretty big and fully open now! I witnessed it expel "something" black today... Idek what it was!

Maybe it was pooping...

If I'm not mistaken, Clarkii clowns really like that type of anemone. I remember reading that online somewhere. At any rate, it sure is awesome! Nice secret Santa gift too!

Maybe it was pooping...

If I'm not mistaken, Clarkii clowns really like that type of anemone. I remember reading that online somewhere. At any rate, it sure is awesome! Nice secret Santa gift too!

That's what I thought was happening :) and thank you! I'm looking at black Ocelleris clowns, I hope they will like it! I'm definitely gonna get more nems once I have more money but for now that's all I could get! And it was just $10!

My nem must not be happy :( it's moving :( I read its not typical for these types to move.... Maybe my lights aren't good enough :(

What kind of lights do u have?

I honestly don't know... They have 4 bulbs, 3 led moonlights, fans on each end but one is broke & then 3 switches in the back and only 2 work. I was supposed to get that one from a member on AA but I just don't have any extra money :( the unit is extremely heavy. I researched the rock "flower" nem and it said they preferred moderate light and even some shade, it's retreated into a piece of LR, maybe too much light? I wish that dang light had words on it!!!!!

I honestly don't know... They have 4 bulbs, 3 led moonlights, fans on each end but one is broke & then 3 switches in the back and only 2 work. I was supposed to get that one from a member on AA but I just don't have any extra money :( the unit is extremely heavy. I researched the rock "flower" nem and it said they preferred moderate light and even some shade, it's retreated into a piece of LR, maybe too much light? I wish that dang light had words on it!!!!!

Lol yeah without knowing much about the light its gonna be hard to see if that's the problem.. it sounds like its some sort of metal halide tho if it has 2 built in fans. They usually have decent wattage tho so I'm not sure :/

Lol yeah without knowing much about the light its gonna be hard to see if that's the problem.. it sounds like its some sort of metal halide tho if it has 2 built in fans. They usually have decent wattage tho so I'm not sure :/

Yea idk! The bulbs are strange looking too, ill try to snap a pic, I'm sure I'm due for new bulbs too. I realllllllllllly wanna get that light from the person on here I'm hoping I get some cold hard cash for Xmas lol, doubt it but I'm hoping!!!

Yea idk! The bulbs are strange looking too, ill try to snap a pic, I'm sure I'm due for new bulbs too. I realllllllllllly wanna get that light from the person on here I'm hoping I get some cold hard cash for Xmas lol, doubt it but I'm hoping!!!

Lmao everyone needs cold hard cash.. I need $300 for the leds for my 90G tank lol

Just picked up a bubble tip anemone & a pair of Clarkii's!!!! Pics when I get home :) oh got a uv sterilizer too :):)

Just picked up a bubble tip anemone & a pair of Clarkii's!!!! Pics when I get home :) oh got a uv sterilizer too :):)

Now that your as far into it as you are aren't you kicking yourself for not going to the salty side sooner ;) haha

Now that your as far into it as you are aren't you kicking yourself for not going to the salty side sooner ;) haha

YES! Lol! Soooo much fun! I forgot to mention the Damsel's went to the LFS with me. No one wanted them :( I posted ads here & on CL. I feel bad for them because the owner wanted to put them in with a Lion & wait for em to die or give em to someone to cycle they're tank with :( I feel like a bad person for giving them to him knowing that :'(

So I got everybody acclimated and the clowns are immediately in the nem! I thought it would take awhile for the clowns to host it but the one clown will not leave it alone! I hope it doesn't stress it too much! It won't open so the clown is wiggling and rubbing all over it!

Happy clown ;)

Attachments

• image-2443034384.jpg
    image-2443034384.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2489130633.jpg
    image-2489130633.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 104
  • image-762937726.jpg
    image-762937726.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image-482189009.jpg
    image-482189009.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image-291320638.jpg
    image-291320638.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 121
That's so cute!!! I love clowns in their nems! Wish mine would host my nem. Have a great holiday!

That's so cute!!! I love clowns in their nems! Wish mine would host my nem. Have a great holiday!

Thanks :) it is very cute but the clown has stressed the nem out so much it has moved itself into a tight crevice :/ hope it comes out soon! She is so rough on the poor anemone!

I love how your coral banded shrimp is sitting over top looking down on everything. Looks awesome tho! Love the nem!

I love how your coral banded shrimp is sitting over top looking down on everything. Looks awesome tho! Love the nem!

Thanks :) the shrimp has been all over since the Damsels have been removed... It's cool to watch him cruise the tank ;D

Back
Top Bottom