Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
After my trip to florida :D I'm going saturday and when I get back, if all is well and I have money, I'll get a ywg, inverts, and maybe a ricordea.

Nice!! What type of shrimp? (Get a fire!!)

Pics....?;)

What is your iodine at? Xenia needs iodine and they like a little dirty water. Some people actually keep it in their sumps better than they can in their tank. Either it will be a weed in your tank or you won't be able to keep it I have never seen a middle ground with xenia.

needmorecowbell said:
ill probably get a fire or whatever is cheapest and looks nice. pics are coming after the next post.

Well i can guarentee the fire wont be the cheapest..but DEFINITLY the coolest;)

What is your iodine at? Xenia needs iodine and they like a little dirty water. Some people actually keep it in their sumps better than they can in their tank. Either it will be a weed in your tank or you won't be able to keep it I have never seen a middle ground with xenia.

Unfortunately i dont test for iodine. my nitrates are at like 3.. it was doing very well until it was blown on by the ph. i really hope i can keep it. its either this or maybe blue cloves.

the one is of the frag rack i made that ill probably never use.. but with the amount of eggcrate i have, why not?

Gboy66 said:
Well i can guarentee the fire wont be the cheapest..but DEFINITLY the coolest;)

I'll see what I can afford and what I like and will compromise. Who knows, maybe they'll be having a sale!

Im speechless!! The tank looks AWESOME! I cant believe the way that candycane is growing too!! Amazing bro.

Oh, Why are the plugs in the tank?

Thanks so much, I was all worried about the Xenia that I forgot about the good things.. And I have them there because I want them to stay cured and they were hard to get out of my filter.

needmorecowbell said:
Thanks so much, I was all worried about the Xenia that I forgot about the good things.. And I have them there because I want them to stay cured and they were hard to get out of my filter.

Ya, the tank looks so great. The rocks are coloring up too!

Oh they cant be out of water then?

needmorecowbell said:
I don't really know. I just know their a lot like live rock and the more of that in my tank the better.

Cool..ill keep this in mind

Update

I used putty to glue my frags. It now doesn't move at all. The smaller part of the Xenia has healed completely but the bigger part is pretty dead.

needmorecowbell said:
Update

I used putty to glue my frags. It now doesn't move at all. The smaller part of the Xenia has healed completely but the bigger part is pretty dead.

Hmmm, i hope it can come back!!

Even if it doesn't, you still have the cool clam shell to stick a frag on. Everything is looking good, especially your candy coral. I was on the phone yesterday with my LFS and they got a new duncan, candy coral, and some 6 lines in. I'm pretty excited to go in tomorrow. I'm giving my SW pal near me my zoas and haven't decided what to do with my colt...but if they look good I want to add another duncan and candy to my tank. I'm hoping the candy looks as good as yours! Mine is still small.

Back
Top Bottom