Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! If you ever want a frag of it and are willing to drive that far, I'd love to trade 3 heads for something! It loves its new place, it is quite swollen and has good tentacle extension at night.

Update

Did a water change and my corals look GREAT! My skimmer is back to work and the putty is out of the system. My Xenia is completely healed and growing faster than ever. I'll be gone for a week so I hope things still go this well when I come back. I can only hope for the best.

needmorecowbell said:
Update

Did a water change and my corals look GREAT! My skimmer is back to work and the putty is out of the system. My Xenia is completely healed and growing faster than ever. I'll be gone for a week so I hope things still go this well when I come back. I can only hope for the best.

Great! So the xenia is doin well now? Good! Mine is even growing during the cycling process lol!

Yep it's doing well. Got its color brightened and it's spreading fast. Same with my monti! It's growing pretty fast. My green and orange acan has a new orange head and my blue acan also has a new head. Exciting :D

Lol I'm going tonight but it might get delayed because of this crazy snowstorm. I have a feeling I might have an algae breakout in the near future :( i will add a fish if all goes well and I'm not completely pennyless lol.

Update

My grandparents came while I was gone and fed my fish and filled the tank. They said everything looked great which is very relieving. I am going to a shop down here that will sell corals and pack them. Since im riding home on a plane I won't need to actually pay shipping so it's only an additional 10$ instead of 40$. I will be getting a ricordea and maybe something else. Also, I had a question, what size tank do triggerfish need? I know theyre too big for me but maybe in the future ;)

I believe the smaller species of triggers need 75 gallons up to 180/220 for the bigger ones.

just wondering how much do you pay for those frags? they are so small. I pay 20$ a frag so i am just wondering what others pay for their size of frags

CleverBs said:
just wondering how much do you pay for those frags? they are so small. I pay 20$ a frag so i am just wondering what others pay for their size of frags

$40 it's ridiculous

CleverBs said:
40$...check my frags out in my build thread all my corals cost me 20$ each

Lucky!! I've got a few warehouses filled with at least a thousand coral for $10-$15. But they are all 2 hrs away. One of them is Mr. Coral

I've paid everywhere from $5 up to about $30 for a frag. I will spend a little more on bigger than frag corals, but I have like a $50 limit. keeps me from going crazy on corals. LOL

TLTGF said:
I believe the smaller species of triggers need 75 gallons up to 180/220 for the bigger ones.

Crap.. I was really hoping it would be like 50 :/ I want a Niger trigger soo bad.

Well that's not anywhere in my near future.. Any ideas on what coral I should get tomorrow? I know im getting a ricordea.

Update

I just got home to find the water level very low. But that's the only bad thing. I bought 5 corals from worldwidecorals.com and they are acclimating as I post. I bought a ricordea, stylophora, acropora, frogspawn, and palythoa. I got the acro and paly free. I just wanted to see if I could keep an acro and it seems like its doing well. Good polyp extension and color. The paly on the other hand doesn't look so hot. Very closed up and just not looking well at all. The frogspawn is neon and doing great. Same with the ricordea. Stylophora has good polyp extension but I don't know how well it's doing.. Does anyone have tips on the stylo and the paly? I hope they can do well. I am going to move my candycane lower in the tank because its kinda shrunken. Also, what placement should I have with the frogspawn? Sorry for all the questions and info in one post lol.

Back
Top Bottom