Those Holy Crap Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It happens to everyone at some point, I just had mine.

I re-arranged my non-show tanks yesterday. It was a 10g planted nursery with gravel substrate, another 10g planted nursery with dirt/sand cap, and a new 20g long bare bottom with plastic plants and store bought decor that I was using it as a QT. The 20g was a disaster. Since it was intended to be a temporary set up, I let the algae run absolutely rampant because I just didn't care about it. Everything was covered in a thick green carpet.

I decided that I would make the 20g a permanent nursery, take down one 10g, and make the other 10g the QT. So I spent the day yesterday doing just that. Now I have a 20g long dirt/sand cap planted nursery and a 10g QT full of the algae covered decor. I checked in on the tanks last night and saw that the castle in the 10g was covered in MTS, which was great since I was trying to find a good way to transfer them to the now permanent 20g. I just took the castle out and shook it in the 20g and moved 100 snails in seconds. Put it back in the 10g and went to bed.

When I checked on the tanks again this morning, there weren't any snails on the decor, but the decor was completely cleaned! Not a speck of algae on anything! That was my holy crap moment. In less than 8 hours, the MTS completely cleaned everything that was in the 20g.

Back
Top Bottom