Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
I can never get my 70g to look right! It's driving me crazy. I've just redone it for the forth time in 6 months. I like what I've come up with. I need some comments, good or bad, to help me improve it.
Before.
image-2276911280.jpg
After.
image-1751443664.jpg
Thanks!

Wow! I like the after ... really ... if anything that's the look I'M looking for with my tank ... eventually. The only thing you could add ... assuming you don't already is a slate cave. I have mine partially obscured by DW and plants so have to get close to see it.

jcolon said:
Wow! I like the after ... really ... if anything that's the look I'M looking for with my tank ... eventually. The only thing you could add ... assuming you don't already is a slate cave. I have mine partially obscured by DW and plants so have to get close to see it.

Thank you! If you look close you can see part of a clay pot on the left behind the wood. That's the cave I made for my bristlenoses. Would you change anything though?

You know honestly I would not change a thing if that were my tank. I think it is well balanced. The only thing that I have to say is that there is no real place for your eyes to settle in (if that makes since). I am not very good at aquascaping but I have read that there should be a spot in the tank that your eyes can focus on.

fishfanatic said:
You know honestly I would not change a thing if that were my tank. I think it is well balanced. The only thing that I have to say is that there is no real place for your eyes to settle in (if that makes since). I am not very good at aquascaping but I have read that there should be a spot in the tank that your eyes can focus on.

Really? Awesome! I've read about the eyes settling on the one point too. I'm hoping once it grows in a bit they will be drawn to the 'grass' patch at the front.

Wow, that tank looks great! I've been unsatisfied with mine for about 3 months and have been changing/adding plants and one thing I really found happiness with was red/mostly red plants. I used scarlet temple and red ludwiga. But your tank is really awesome the way it is :dance:

what is in your overflow box in the before picture?

clay16 said:
what is in your overflow box in the before picture?

Oh that's just a fry trap/ breeder box (whatever it's called) with moss in it. Not very exciting. I'd just given it a trim and chucked it in there until I had a use for it.

Oh that's just a fry trap/ breeder box (whatever it's called) with moss in it. Not very exciting. I'd just given it a trim and chucked it in there until I had a use for it.

ohh ok i didnt know if it was a secret to an overflow i wasnt aware of lol!

Back
Top Bottom