Threadfin geo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuckerp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will threadfin geos do ok individually? Or do they do better in groups?

I have two thread fins, they can do ok by themselves but they prefer to be in groups. I'm looking to get another one soon. My lfs has some that are about 4".

My lfs has some too. Only about an inch long though. They are listed at 16.99 each. Is that a good price? I only got one but am thinking about getting another 2.

I've seen at that price, but at that size they are need of extra care because I bought a few that size a awhile back and they didn't survive that long.

For now it's in a 55g with a fire mouth and blue acara. In June I'm upgrading to a 90 and will decide at that point who will go where. Can I do a group of 4-5 in the 55g and house the acara and firemouth in the 90g?

Great fish. They do really good in groups so the 90 would be a better fit for a group of 5-6

Since they will likely be juveniles when I buy them i won't be able to tell male/female. But when they mature should I stick with one male and a few females? Are the males aggressive with each other?

That's good to know. At what size can I tell male from female?

Looks like I'll be waiting quite a while before I know then. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom