Threadfin Rainbow Fish and Panda Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eeeek, alright, I don't like supporting genetically modifying animals even if I like them. What about the rainbow fish? Are they modified?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just wanted to point it out that 90% of the fish in our hobby are "Genetically modified". Just like ballon rams, fancy guppies, red platys, long fin anything, albino anything, All fin variations, lots of color patterns, and several other traits that I can't put my finger on right now are all selectively bred and inbred until the desirable traits are obtained. None of these fish occur naturally. I don't support the ballon variations at all but just wanted to point this out. :)

Haha, alright, I always try to buy the ones I think are least effected by humans but it looks like there's no escaping it! Lol, thanks for the info

Haha, alright, I always try to buy the ones I think are least effected by humans but it looks like there's no escaping it! Lol, thanks for the info

No problem. Hope i didn't come across as condescending or anything!:) Just wanted to point that out as it is a common misconception that all the wish we have in the hobby are naturally occurring. (y)

No problem. Hope i didn't come across as condescending or anything!:) Just wanted to point that out as it is a common misconception that all the wish we have in the hobby are naturally occurring. (y)

Naw, your good! Lol, I just thought most of the fish in the hobby where "wild caught" since that seems to come up a lot.

You can also try the less common of the rainbowfish species like the pseudomugil furcatus or signifer.

Back
Top Bottom