Threadfin rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennandjuicetm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know anything about threadfin rainbowfish? I got a pair today from a LPS and neither made it through acclimation.**I also got 10 pygmy cories, 9 are doing well in the QT tank but one was dead by the time I got home (40 minute ride). Did i acclimate them too fast? I put them in a small cup with 120 ml of their water from the store then added 20 ml of new water, dechlorinated of course, every 5-10 minutes. I did the same with the cories and so far the 9 are ok. I also added Seachem stress guard to the cups and the tank. 1 drop in each cup is all i did. The tank, normal dose.

I feel like I failed somehow with 3 fish lost so quickly. :(

Sorry about your loss. I don't know anything about threadfins but you could PM fishenthusiast about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's happened to me before. Sounds like you didn't do anything wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

More info that I just thought of. The water in the QT tank was fresh, added to the tank and dechlorinated Thursday night. My faucet water has zero ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. Will PM Fishenrhusiast and direct her/him to this thread. Thanks Fresh2o!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom