Tiger Nerites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys, i decided "to heck with it. ill go get a snail." i went to petco, and they had a shipment of tiger nerite snails. i was planning on mystery snails, but i just loved the pattern of this snail, so i got one. are they the same as regular nerites?

mr.waffles1842 said:
Hi guys, i decided "to heck with it. ill go get a snail." i went to petco, and they had a shipment of tiger nerite snails. i was planning on mystery snails, but i just loved the pattern of this snail, so i got one. are they the same as regular nerites?

Pretty much, just different shell coloring.:)

Have fun. :) nerites are awesome! They look cool and clean algae! Bonus! :)

they are probably, with the exception of amano shrimp, my favorite inverts ever. the reason amanos are better is cuz my mom is freaked out by them...

I think this is a tiger nerite:

RSzebra1.jpg

mr.waffles1842 said:
hey, he hasnt been active lately. he just sits there at the bottom. same position as when i put him in...

Give him some time.... and has he come out of the shell? A lot of times snails get flipped over and need help (to help them you just flip them back so their "doors" are facing down)

bruinsbro1997 said:
That's a tiger nerite? I looked that up but it came up as horned nerite instead, odd...

Horned nerites are different too... I will post more pics

Here's a horned nerite on the left and an olive nerite on the right

Back
Top Bottom