time for a new heater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its a 60 gallon freshwater planted tank. Need to keep at 78-80. House gets down to 70 in the winter at the coldest but usually 76 year round. I would like suggestions on the most cost effective and reliable brands. The one I have now is a 100watt marineland going strong but I was thinking of getting a 300 watt.

Its a 60 gallon freshwater planted tank. Need to keep at 78-80. House gets down to 70 in the winter at the coldest but usually 76 year round. I would like suggestions on the most cost effective and reliable brands. The one I have now is a 100watt marineland going strong but I was thinking of getting a 300 watt.

250W ought to be enough. I used to use and recommend Eheim Jager heaters but I've heard bad things about them lately. I liked Stealth heaters too but then they recalled those so I really don't know what to suggest. I'm using a marineland now but haven't had it long. I was unimpressed with the accuracy of the temperature dial (I have it set to 78 and am getting 80).

250W ought to be enough. I used to use and recommend Eheim Jager heaters but I've heard bad things about them lately. I liked Stealth heaters too but then they recalled those so I really don't know what to suggest. I'm using a marineland now but haven't had it long. I was unimpressed with the accuracy of the temperature dial (I have it set to 78 and am getting 80).

Yeah my temperature dial never matches water temp. Its usually a couple degrees off. Always has been. But ive had this heater for 5 years and It still works.

I use Aqueon Pro heaters. They are very reliable, and fairly inexpensive.

I have a 55g and use a Fluval E300, i like to think my heater doesn't need to work too hard. I think it is a good choice of heater for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom