tire track eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

houlies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
im wondering if tire track eels are good with fish and if so do they get alon with other eels?

Generally speaking they do not do well with other Eels unless you have a very large tank. These fish get huge, up to 30". So unless you have at least a 125 gallon tank get something smaller like a Peacock Eel.

Yes but like I stated earlier, no small fish. My Eel is very peaceful. What are your plans for tank size, feeding, substrate, and tankmates?

ive got a 40 gallon tank, i feed blood worms at night, and in the tank i have some kuhli loaches, 3 zebra danio, a cory catfish, a pleco, a fiddler crab, 2 angel fish, 3 tiger barbs and 2 small snails

ive got a 40 gallon tank, i feed blood worms at night, and in the tank i have some kuhli loaches, 3 zebra danio, a cory catfish, a pleco, a fiddler crab, 2 angel fish, 3 tiger barbs and 2 small snails

You could add a Peacock Eel if you have a sand substrate. And for feeding it, frozen krill, blood worms, and black worms all work great most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom