TMRC's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doing great Ryan. He is still the big tuna in the tank. Down the road (probably January ish) I'll be making changes to the 60. Most of the mbuna will be sold and the red shoulder will get to retire to a quiet 40 breeder instead of the very active mbuna colony tank. He will be joined by some women and a few electric yellows so he should be pretty happy.

Doing great Ryan. He is still the big tuna in the tank. Down the road (probably January ish) I'll be making changes to the 60. Most of the mbuna will be sold and the red shoulder will get to retire to a quiet 40 breeder instead of the very active mbuna colony tank. He will be joined by some women and a few electric yellows so he should be pretty happy.

Well if you would like any new fems for him lemme know. Ive got em at 2+" now and sexable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah definitely man. I'll be in touch soon for three females.

This Indigo Dottyback is awesome. The way it moves is almost snake like, but very agile when it wants to burst away.

Also enjoy my last picture of the nano 5 gallon. The plants grew much thicker and I had to remove the driftwood for now and space the bacopa and hygro. Its currently more of a plant nursery, ill scape it when theyve grown a bit. I removed the big java fern, it had reached the top. Its older leaves show the stress of its earlier life so I think I may try to prune it down and reintroduce it. its currently untouched in the sev tank. Speaking of, the firemouth is growing like a weed and showing nice colors. Both sevs too, what size do they start showing adult colors?

Indigos are actually fairly chill as far as Dottybacks go. Glad you didn't get a bicolor, that's a nightmare of a fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Indigos are actually fairly chill as far as Dottybacks go. Glad you didn't get a bicolor, that's a nightmare of a fish

Yeah i did some research before purchasing and saw that. It was down to an orchid or indigo, i was leaning orchid since the indigo is a hybrid but my lfs selection had a sickly orchid or healthy looking indigo so we made a judgement call on the indigo.

Nice tanks!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Thanks a lot. Lots of time in these guys. I tend to buy younger fish and grow them out, its extremely rewarding.

I purchased my fire fish today. We were able to get a purple instead of a regular firefish.

He has already ate and looks happy.

Good choice! Nice purple firefish too! You have a top right?

This thread is being moved to the AOT forum. It is in the Cichlid forum and the topics are FW, SW and vacations. It is more suited in the Aquaria off topic forum.

Brookster- like all good things give it time, this will be pretty pic heavy.

Spacefish- I'm a racer, TMRC actually stands for Track Monster Race Crew. The acronym of TMRC is something I've used in different aspects for many things, its actually pretty synonymous with me to those with people who know me. That and the numbers 5 and 03 which I race.
Hi you all !!!

I almost got it rite, Track Mechanic Race Crew! I knew you were into cars and racing and I thought that's what it stood for. That's pretty COOL STUFF !!!
I just wanted to say, nice tank , really clean, nice layout!!! By the way you really know how to take your pics... Nice shots of the tank!!!
[emoji6]
Clem.

Hi you all !!!

I almost got it rite, Track Mechanic Race Crew! I knew you were into cars and racing and I thought that's what it stood for. That's pretty COOL STUFF !!!
I just wanted to say, nice tank , really clean, nice layout!!! By the way you really know how to take your pics... Nice shots of the tank!!!
[emoji6]
Clem.

Thanks Clem. Yeah I really enjoy racing, really just cars in general. I'm not where I want to be with any of my tanks but they're all a work in progress. Were getting there.

Came home from my vacation to discover a few guppy fry swimming. I told my wife before we left that I just new she was going to have them while we were gone and that they would probably eat them all. I was pretty close, I've found 3 fry total. However the fry are pretty big, I'm thinking she had them right after we left and these are like 5-6 days old. I was able to catch one and move it to a grow out tank, the other two are still in with the parents, hopefully they've grown enough to not be eaten. When I started all this a few months back I had an old male that just never would breed, both females haven't given birth in over 4 months so I know the offspring is the cross of my newer male and best female so I really hope I can get a female or two from this batch to continue a line breed.

Thanks Clem. Yeah I really enjoy racing, really just cars in general. I'm not where I want to be with any of my tanks but they're all a work in progress. Were getting there.

Came home from my vacation to discover a few guppy fry swimming. I told my wife before we left that I just new she was going to have them while we were gone and that they would probably eat them all. I was pretty close, I've found 3 fry total. However the fry are pretty big, I'm thinking she had them right after we left and these are like 5-6 days old. I was able to catch one and move it to a grow out tank, the other two are still in with the parents, hopefully they've grown enough to not be eaten. When I started all this a few months back I had an old male that just never would breed, both females haven't given birth in over 4 months so I know the offspring is the cross of my newer male and best female so I really hope I can get a female or two from this batch to continue a line breed.
We all love surprises man, I hope they breed for ya! I have some platties that look pregnant all the time but I never see any fry though, mabey I'll move them out to a smaller tank and see what happens![emoji40]
Gotta love Dem fish, always trying to please us !!! [emoji6]

Take care my friend.

Clem.

When I got home I found 1 fry missing so I moved the last one over into the grow out tank. Its about time for a rescape and trim on the nano tank. Hoping for better luck on the next round of fry.

Back
Top Bottom