TMRC's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, still some low quality lighting on the tank. The camera actually made it worse than it is, for some reason the pics of that tank always looked more yellow/brown than in person. I'm getting some coralline algae growth now that's spreading and covering too, so more pink.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I somehow missed this post clem, sorry bud. Its a 9" finnex fugeray on a 9" tall tank. I'm not great with judging lighting levels but based on the algae production and ability to grow dhg im guessing maybe medium to low medium light? If it was on a 20 tall it would be low for sure but with the light around 8" from the substrate I think its fairly high.

Thanks a lot man. I'm trying, nearly 50 hours of work plus tank maintenance this week has kicked my butt. But its Friday! Time for some tank work.
No problem man, we are busy I see. Nice looking salt tank, one day I'm going to try a salt tank too. I enjoy the freshwater Amazon fish a lot and I still have a lot to do yet with them such as breeding and plants too, its all about the time and effort!!! [emoji38]

Clem

Merry Christmas TMRC!

Thanks, Christmas is always merry in the carolinas my fellow carolinian.

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

thanks a ton TT!

Merry Christmas, to you & miss TMRC

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks poppa, miss tmrc truly appreciated the shout out. With only a few posts here she feels kinda out of the loop. I'm trying to encourage her to post more.

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks fishwrangler, same to you n yours!

So some updates, the bit of dhg I left in the nano tank is holding on. Not prospering but currently not dying. I've figured out floramax isn't great at anchoring plants so I still get some floating grass. I've wondered if mixing in black sand would help? Really any opinions on keeping the dhg down would be nice. I didn't have too much trouble in gravel.

The saltwater tank is at around 6 months now, no real changes here but a few are coming soon.

The sev growth hasn't really been what I've expected, I've checked nitrates and they're staying below 15. Purchase size on the sevs was an inch, one is now a little over 2 1/2" the other is pushing 3". I've bought some brine shrimp to mix in with regular nls and omega one staples. The firemouth is hitting close to 3" as well.

The African tank is plugging along, I'm still ready to part with most and move towards my new plans for the 60.

The problem with mixing sand and gravel is one or the other winds up on top after vacuuming. It drives me nuts, not even kidding. If it works better for you, I'll throw a party in my head XD

Looks like black flourite,is it the small grain type?

sit in silence...

Not very fine no, it's pretty coarse, most pellets are around 3/16" in diameter.
similar to gravel.

The problem with mixing sand and gravel is one or the other winds up on top after vacuuming. It drives me nuts, not even kidding. If it works better for you, I'll throw a party in my head XD

I doubt it's the solution, just an idea I floated, I've mixed the two before (gravel and sand) with intermediate results. It however wasn't a planted sub where I didn't want to disturb roots. Guess I'll just have to deal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those are some good looking guppies you got there!
Those are from your buddy who has worked this strain for years and parents to new fry???

Back
Top Bottom