TN Members post!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So any one have a favorite LFS in East Tennessee. So far ive visited two in Knoxville .... Aqarium Off Papermill Drive close to McKays used books and Fins and Skins behind the west Mall. Both were helpful, both were a little pricey. Im new to the aquatic hobby though.

I am here in Morristown, and "Fish Fair" is a great place to buy fish. I have had two bad batches of fish from other stores before going to Fish Fair. However, I have bought 3 platys, 1 betta, a snail, and some plants, all of which are doing great. It is run by a nice oriental man. The tanks are kept immaculate, though a bit overstocked. It is a bit of a drive from Knoxville, but I believe it would be worth it if you want quality fish. If you are really interested, you can send me msg for more details.

adadkins1,

Hey Thanks, Im currently cycling a 55 gal set up for African Cichlids, so I will be looking for some good looking Peacocks I think.

Cool, I am not sure exactly what he has along the lines of cichlids (haven't paid much attention), but he has just about anything else you could want. When I walk in the store, I just kind of go into a daze looking at everything.

You can't beat Aquatic Critters if you guys can make it out to Nashville. I swear by these guys. Very professional, knowledgeable, and they have a real love for animals. Sometimes I like to just go to talk and get ideas for future projects.

www.aquaticcritter.com

Old thread, but can't hurt to bump, in Murfreesboro.

So any one have a favorite LFS in East Tennessee. So far ive visited two in Knoxville .... Aqarium Off Papermill Drive close to McKays used books and Fins and Skins behind the west Mall. Both were helpful, both were a little pricey. Im new to the aquatic hobby though.
i work at aquarium and we are pricey due to the fact of shipping feeding good foods and quarentining everything

ilostnemo,

Yup, no foul intended. I still do my buisness there gladly. As you know, we as fishkeepers will gladly pay a slight more for good quality and a place that has most everything you need. You may very well be one that tells me no you cant do that when I come in with some ridiculous thoughts LOL

PS. I just got a 55g so Ill be in alot

ah once every two weeks or so, but depends for a short span it was once every three days just to look at the stuff I intended to buy or look at fish. lol

Back
Top Bottom