Tomato clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok everyone...I stopped by the LFS today to get my water checked (cause I dont have a nitrite test kit and im broke till wensday, that payday) and my nitrite was FINALLY at 0 so I started looking, and I really like the tomato clown, but dont know much about them, I was planning on false percula but they are rather expensive (about 6 dollars more...not much but they arent as pretty IMO) and the ocellarious (sp...) is just way small..CUTEEEE but small, so I was thinking about adding a tomato clown or 2 to my tank, or maybe one of each? what are the temperments of these fish? how do they do with other fish (ie scooter blenny, pajama caridinal, and soon to be fish like blenny's, gobbies, pesuedo, shrimp, coral, hermit crabs,) just things that might possiably make it to my tank!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!

ok.... so if I just got 1 that would be fine? they really are too cute! I will have to think about it though...I might go with the O. Clown...its a tough choice...

You might want to go with the other one as they act too much like damsels to me. The only reason I dont get rid of him is that he has been with me from the begining. (9 yrs) He was my first fish and his fighting with my other clown is not that bad. They dont try to kill each other just intimidate. Good Luck

i Had a tomato clown in my 90 gal and he constantly chased my yellow belly damsel, i had him for quite a while but finally got tired of watching him harass the other fish. I'd compare it to a fresh water chiclid, agressive and territorial.

Not sure if the Cinnamon clown and the Tomato are the same fish since I can't tell them apart but mine isn't mean at all just a food hog. I have a yellow tang, bicolor blenny, coral beauty, two engineer gobies, a mandarin, and a Skunk Cleaner shrimp and he has never bothered any of them. I used to have a pair but the female died. Even when they were together they never bullied anyone else. they were just greedy little food hogs.

Back
Top Bottom